PDA

View Full Version : Deactivating Continuous On on SF Scout light?

KevinB
11-19-07, 18:08
Question -- I dont really like tape switches - and I do not the push on / off buttons.

One guy (who I forgot) on the Low Light class mentioned a method of disabling the switch on the Scount light to make it a momemtary on only.

Not sure if you can add a small rubber washer to remove enough motion for it only functions as a temp on button?

Ideas?

Jay Cunningham
11-19-07, 18:49
Kevin,

I used a Scout light with the tailcap switch on my AK through the whole low light class.

I didn't have any issues with the flashbulb technique, nor constant-on ND's.

When you apply pressure to the switch it provides momentary light, but when you press it all the way in it stays constant-on.

Are you looking for a different type of feature, like momentary-on only?

C4IGrant
11-19-07, 18:58
Question -- I dont really like tape switches - and I do not the push on / off buttons.

One guy (who I forgot) on the Low Light class mentioned a method of disabling the switch on the Scount light to make it a momemtary on only.

Not sure if you can add a small rubber washer to remove enough motion for it only functions as a temp on button?

Ideas?

DUUUDDDE! That was me that showed you that! Have you drank all your brain cells away??? :D

We modified a Z68 tailcap so that it is momentary only as click in tape switches a no no when wokin the flash bulb technique.

C4

KevinB
11-19-07, 20:19
Grant -- yeah apparently I drank too much...
BigRed and I will be in touch.

Jay -- The issued I have is when stressed ones tactitle sense goes off a bit and being as clumsy as I am I would likely trigger it all the way on. I want a way to ensure momentary only.

MASP7
11-20-07, 11:10
DUUUDDDE! We modified a Z68 tailcap so that it is momentary only

C4

How was it modified?

C4IGrant
11-20-07, 11:14
How was it modified?

The internal teeth were filed down so that they won't engage each other.

C4

MASP7
11-20-07, 11:17
Thanks