PDA

View Full Version : Mini 6.5?

yellowfin
10-19-11, 08:44
Kind of an off the wall idea, but was thinking something as I saw a great price on a Mini 30 the other day. I've heard that the Ruger mini's aren't all that accurate out of the box, but given that it has the same kind of action that we see in some VERY accurate rifles it struck me to wonder if it could be improved with a better barrel. Specifically I was wondering if anyone has heard of anyone changing it to a 6.5 Grendel with a quality aftermarket option since the bolt is already ready to go and all it really needs is the barrel. Could this be made into something effective? Has anyone done this?

MistWolf
10-20-11, 07:56
The Mini 30 operating system is actually more akin to the M1 Carbine than it is the M14.

I don't know all the details, but from what I understand, it's quite the project wringing good accuracy from a Mini

wetidlerjr
10-20-11, 10:09
Kind of an off the wall idea, but was thinking something as I saw a great price on a Mini 30 the other day. I've heard that the Ruger mini's aren't all that accurate out of the box, but given that it has the same kind of action that we see in some VERY accurate rifles it struck me to wonder if it could be improved with a better barrel...

Interesting. The barrel has been a big (probably the biggest) problem regarding accuracy in the whole Mini line. You may be on to something for the Mini-30. :cool: