PDA

View Full Version : Full B&T Atlas Review

orkan
10-19-11, 23:31
I finally finished my review of the Atlas bipod a couple weeks ago.

B&T Industries - Atlas Bipod (http://www.primalrights.com/forum/review.php?a=3817)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on both the review and the Atlas if you use them.

deadly0311
10-20-11, 21:50
Kasey makes a great kit here with the Atlas, my favorite thing about Kasey is if someone comes up with a better mousetrap or useful upgrade, Kasey incorporates it.

Also the Atlas has held up to most things that I have thrown at it, I have 4 or 5 sets sitting here at the house on rifles and love them, it almost feels like going from a Bugatti to a Kia (Atlas to Harris)

Unfortunately Kasey is suspending all civilian sales until he has filled the 2 contracts he was awarded to Uncle Sugar.

wilsoncombatrep
12-16-11, 20:45
I'm a big Atlas fan....I've got 2, and move them around between my TRG's( love the new TRG bracket!), AR's and 22 trainer. The bipod is lightweight, very adjustable, has just enough "give" to it that it is MUCH easier, for me, to load the bipod. I can't imagine shooting off the ground without one!

ALCOAR
12-16-11, 21:03
I had the opportunity to talk with Kasey recently after a fellow member so graciously gave me a new Atlas V8(THANKS Ekbearly), and I'm as impressed with Kasey as I'm with the actual Atlas.

Tomorrow should be my first real test drive with the new Atlas on my MWS and I can't wait. Just from the face of it, it blows the Harris away in every category but deployment speed.

The Atlas is a real piece of work, the engineering in it is really mind boggling.

I love shooting precision gas guns prone, so I believe this bipod should really, really, appeal to me. Nice review Orkan.

SeriousStudent
12-16-11, 21:07

Unfortunately Kasey is suspending all civilian sales until he has filled the 2 contracts he was awarded to Uncle Sugar.

Does anyone have a rough estimate when this will be? I need two more things for my new bolt gun, and one is an Atlas.

takashi
12-17-11, 13:01
Does anyone have a rough estimate when this will be? I need two more things for my new bolt gun, and one is an Atlas.

Distributors are still getting bipods in! If you want I can let you know where I picked up my second last month.

Also, orkan, you mention all the great features of the Atlas but maybe it might be worthwhile to mention that the bipod is much easier to load (at least for me) than a harris and some of the benefits of using the different positions on the legs. I know you touched on it a bit with the cant (which is another hugely important plus). Also, it might be worth mentioning that the Atlas deploys generally slower than the Harris, and that if you are switching from a harris the sling mount is gone. I like the part where you mention price, but I don't know if you have enough supporting evidence for the skeptics out there.

orkan
12-17-11, 15:05
Also, orkan, you mention all the great features of the Atlas but maybe it might be worthwhile to mention that the bipod is much easier to load (at least for me) than a harris and some of the benefits of using the different positions on the legs.

Did you watch the video?

Anchor Zero Six
12-18-11, 01:06
Agree Kasey is very open to incorporating ideas into each revision. Hell of a good guy as well.

Been using them since gen 1 with no complaints other than a bit slower to deploy than the Harris.

Pappabear
12-18-11, 02:47
I had...

Tomorrow should be my first real test drive with the new Atlas on my MWS and I can't wait. Just from the face of it, it blows the Harris away in every category but deployment speed.

I love shooting precision gas guns prone, so I believe this bipod should really, really, appeal to me. Nice review Orkan.

Trident bit the bullet and got his MWS, nice. Mark and I squeezed on one today after installing a MAGPUL PRS stock. I didn't hate the sop mod, just wanted to try the PRS. Looking forward to that video already.