PDA

View Full Version : AK info

jbsmwd
10-20-11, 02:42
So I am looking a buying an AK that has a Nodak NDS-1P receiver that is a underfolder. I don't know anything about AK execpt what little I have read here on this website. I have looked at their website but it does not say if it was build by them or if they made just the reciever. I plan on calling them to find out.

I have some numbers that are on the original parts.

A triangle symbol followed by 1980S - AE2987 on the bolt area. And a large "G" by the rear sight on the left side of the gun (with the butt stock in your shoulder).

Does anybody know anything about those numbers?

And is there other place to look on the gun for numbers? like matching barrel or US made barrel.
Are there thinks that I need to look at and look for on the gun to find out if its good to go beside shooting it.

TOrrock
10-20-11, 06:28
That's a Romanian "G" kit built onto a Nodak Spud US receiver that was intended for a Polish PMKMS underfolder.

Nodak never built rifles, just manufactured receivers. The legal serial number is the Nodak serial number found in front of the magazine well.

You can tell if the barrel is original by field stripping the rifle, taking the gas tube off, and looking down on the barrel.

Real Warsaw Pact barrels will have multiple proof marks and drawing numbers all over the barrel. A US barrel will not be marked.

Without knowing who built it, and without pics, can't really tell you much more.