PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical Pistol I - Fayetteville, NC March 1-2, 2008 Fayetteville, NC

zushwa
12-27-07, 14:48
This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

Class requirements:

• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
• Serviceable holster
• Minimum 1 double magazine pouch
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• 1000 rounds of ammo – factory service type (no reloads)
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Hand held flashlight and spare batteries.
• Good attitude

Register at the link below:

http://www.greygrouptraining.biz/Vickers_Pistol_Introductory_I_Fayetteville_NC_p/1-2-march-2008.htm

Thanks,

zushwa
02-12-08, 14:59
BUMP. Only a couple weeks left.

Later,

Larry Vickers
02-13-08, 19:31
Gents

Anybody sitting on the fence should jump on this class as I don't have another class scheduled in Fayetteville in 2008 - I MAY do something toward the end of the year but as of right now this is it - my 2008 schedule is off the chart busy so don't pass on this thinking you will catch the next one - cause the next one may not be til 2009

Bottom line; if Fayetteville is handy for you and you have been thinking about getting in on a pistol 1 you need to jump on this one

be safe

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

NoBody
02-16-08, 13:10
Okay, I got off the fence this morning and enrolled in LAV's course. I contacted him and he told me that wearing my IWB holster was fine for the class. I do have a few more questions, but hate to bother such a busy guy with "newbie" questions.

1) Should I take a second double-magazine pouch or is one fine.
2) Should I hit the range a little more over the next couple of weeks to polish my shooting or just wait for the class (my pistol is already broken-in and high quality)?
3) I'm a jeans, collared-shirt, and athletic shoe kinda guy....and that's how I CCW carry. Any reason I should not go to the class dressed like I would normally for the CCW/range ('train like you fight' comes to mind)?
4) Should I bring a shooting matt to a "pistol" class?

Thanks,
NoBody

NCPatrolAR
02-16-08, 14:45
1) Should I take a second double-magazine pouch or is one fine. One is fine, but two wouldn't hurt. I generally like to have at least 3 extra mags on me when on the line.
2) Should I hit the range a little more over the next couple of weeks to polish my shooting or just wait for the class (my pistol is already broken-in and high quality)? Nah... you'll be short-bussing regardless of any extra range time you might try to squeeze in. ;)
3) I'm a jeans, collared-shirt, and athletic shoe kinda guy....and that's how I CCW carry. Any reason I should not go to the class dressed like I would normally for the CCW/range ('train like you fight' comes to mind)? That is fine. Most people wear something similar.
4) Should I bring a shooting matt to a "pistol" class? No need in that unless you are afraid of getting a little dirty
Thanks,
NoBody

My answers are in red and based on previous classes done with Larry.

NoBody
02-16-08, 14:49
Thanks! I don't want to be "that guy" when I take the class in a couple of week. :D

zushwa
02-16-08, 18:38
My answers are in red and based on previous classes done with Larry.

Thank you sir!! :)

luxor
02-18-08, 20:00
Ok i just signed up. See you guys there. Anybody that wants a ride from the Richmond, Va area let me know.

luxor
02-19-08, 14:32
Can someone recommend a hotel for the pistol class in Fayetteville?

Thank You.

NoBody
02-19-08, 14:41
I like either of these and they're next to the Mash House Restaurant & Brewery:

Courtyard Fayetteville (Marriot)
4192 Sycamore Dairy Road
Fayetteville, North Carolina 28303 USA
Phone: 1-910-487-5557
Fax: 1-910-487-1158
Sales: 1-910-487-5557 ext. 609
Sales fax: 1-910-487-1158

Wingate by Wyndham - Fayetteville
4182 Sycamore Dairy Road
Fayetteville, NC 28303 US
Phone: 910-826-9200
Fax:910-826-9202

I'll see/meet you on the 1st!

luxor
02-19-08, 16:29
Thank You Sir.

I guess that means i owe you a beer.

zushwa
02-19-08, 16:55
Both of those choices are great and in a good part of town with plenty of amenities. I'll be sending out an email with details on the class as well as other lodging options sometime this week or early next. I'm still waiting on some fence sitters!!

Please feel free to contact me directly with any other questions, although this forum is answering most of them. :)

Later,

NoBody
02-22-08, 07:27
Luxor,

Bring your GoreTex and poly-pro for the class!

NoBody

P.S.

10-days out is a very questionable forecast. It doesn't rain here as much as they forecast it to....that's why we're having a drought!

luxor
02-22-08, 13:07
Hey Man don't worry, I paid in advance for Sunny & 60 degrees.:)

NoBody
02-22-08, 16:06
LOL! I just checked the forecast again....Saturday and Sunday are now Sunny and 60! :D

noslorob
02-25-08, 21:22
Damn, I really want to go to this class but where can I watch the UFC on Saturday night if I do?:D Seriously I'd hate to miss it.

zushwa
02-26-08, 09:03
Dude, seriously?? I'm a VIP at Sharky's. UFC and naked chicks at the SAME TIME!! I'll even buy the first round and introduce you to some of my "friends". :D

Damn, I really want to go to this class but where can I watch the UFC on Saturday night if I do?:D Seriously I'd hate to miss it.

luxor
02-26-08, 14:14
And i have got room at the Inn. No excuses!!

noslorob
02-26-08, 15:03
Dude, seriously?? I'm a VIP at Sharky's. UFC and naked chicks at the SAME TIME!! I'll even buy the first round and introduce you to some of my "friends". :D

Naked women and UFC? My head might explode, both of 'em.:D
Ummm. damn, I'll decide for sure tonight. I'm assuming there room in the class?
Thanks,

Scott

NoBody
02-26-08, 15:05
Oh, come on and join the team! It'll be cool shooting with guys from this board. :cool:

NCPatrolAR
03-02-08, 21:13
How did the class go? Work kept me from attending

NoBody
03-03-08, 11:24
LAV knows his stuff "six ways to Sunday" and emphasized accuracy throughout the two days.

luxor
03-03-08, 12:25
Ok i will give it a shot. First i would like to thank Josh and crew for hosting the class, they are good guys and make you feel at home when you visit there shop. Thanks.

The class was great, and if you are thinking of taking a handgun class and don't take this one, than you are as wrong as two boy's F***ing. ( thats for larry )

I won't get into what we did or how ect.... I paid good money to learn so should you. I will say that as for me, Larry took my accuracy to new levels. This is what i wanted out of this class.

Bottom line, Larry Vicker's will make you a better shooter. In my rapidly shrinking list of guys i will or want to train with, Larry Vickers will always stay on my list.

Thats it. Now quit reading and go train!!

P.S. Chris, If you want a more detailed AAR, I will be happy to give you one. pm me.

NoBody
03-03-08, 15:05
Heck, where are my manners! Yes, thank you Josh (from Grey Group Training) for hosting the class and providing cool prizes for the shoot-off.

LAV is a very down-to-earth instructor and a wealth of knowledge. I'm just sorry he doesn't have anymore classes in Fayetteville this year. If you get the chance to take a Vicker's class....DO IT!

Larry Vickers
03-03-08, 20:36
Good class and I had a great time even though my voice was going sour due to a nasty cold - it was even sunny and 60 degress as requested!!

I am glad someone was there to see the upside down 75 yd pistol shot - no one would believe me otherwise!!

be safe

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com