PDA

View Full Version : Obama to announce total US pullout from Iraq today

wild_wild_wes
10-21-11, 11:39
Congratulations, Iran. Your patience has finally paid off.

scottryan
10-21-11, 11:52
How many times is curious george going to say I, me, and my?

ForTehNguyen
10-21-11, 12:35
wasnt this crap suppose to happen a while back, after his election

montanadave
10-21-11, 13:45
Congratulations, Iran. Your patience has finally paid off.

Yeah, what the ****. Let's stay another ten years and spend another trillion bucks (assuming the Chinese will loan it to us). :rolleyes:

Irish
10-21-11, 14:41
We built the largest embassy in the entire world in Iraq and have several other huge bases there, we aren't leaving entirely and never will. Even when we "leave" we'll still be leaving billions of dollars worth of material and equipment, including trucks and tanks, to the Iraqis.

Nathan_Bell
10-21-11, 15:05
From reading several articles today this is the Iraqi's decision.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/u-s-troop-withdrawal-motivated-by-iraqi-insistence-not-u-s-choice-20111021

Irish
10-21-11, 15:15
We've lost 4,408 American military members in Iraq, spent over $1 TRILLION and have had countless many of our guys come back with missing limbs, permanent disabilities, PTSD and all for what? None of this even accounts for the families that have been torn apart due to their loved ones being forced to stay overseas due to "stop-loss" orders and back to back tours. I've had several divorces just within my own family due to our adventures in the Middle East.

None of this is even counting the fact that we've also had record breaking numbers of suicides for active duty military and veterans during this period.

What did the American people get for their $1 TRILLION???

Belmont31R
10-21-11, 15:23
We've lost 4,408 American military members in Iraq, spent over $1 TRILLION and have had countless many of our guys come back with missing limbs, permanent disabilities, PTSD and all for what? None of this even accounts for the families that have been torn apart due to their loved ones being forced to stay overseas due to "stop-loss" orders and back to back tours. I've had several divorces just within my own family due to our adventures in the Middle East.

None of this is even counting the fact that we've also had record breaking numbers of suicides for active duty military and veterans during this period.

If a woman can't wait a year without blowing all the money and spreading her legs for Jody its probably best that all came out now and the guy didn't spend the rest of his life with a woman like that.

I saw it happen a lot too. Guys marry whores who can't go a year without a dick and need someone to bend over backwards for them all day. Military wives can be an odd bunch.

On the flip side there were lots of families that made it through just fine, and realize its a potential cost to serving.

Irish
10-21-11, 15:46
If a woman can't wait a year without blowing all the money and spreading her legs for Jody its probably best that all came out now and the guy didn't spend the rest of his life with a woman like that.

I saw it happen a lot too. Guys marry whores who can't go a year without a dick and need someone to bend over backwards for them all day. Military wives can be an odd bunch.

On the flip side there were lots of families that made it through just fine, and realize its a potential cost to serving.

Your assertion is presumptuous at best. Plenty of these guys, my family included, come back ****ed in the head and can't deal with their wife, their kids or just regular old life in CONUS any longer. To put it all on the women is disingenuous. It's not to say it doesn't happen and I saw a few in my time in the Navy, 6 month tour and she's 2 months pregnant when he gets back, but I wasn't talking about a woman's infidelity.

CoryCop25
10-21-11, 16:02

THIS in so many ways!

austinN4
10-21-11, 16:51
We've lost 4,408 American military members in Iraq, spent over $1 TRILLION and have had countless many of our guys come back with missing limbs, permanent disabilities, PTSD and all for what?
Exactly! It is about time we got out of there. Bring 'em home and deploy like numbers on the southern border.

Mjolnir
10-22-11, 11:22
"... there were lots of families that made it through just fine, and realize its a potential cost to serving (the Internationalist/Globalist Bankers)."

H3ll yes!! :D

Fixed it for you.

wild_wild_wes
10-22-11, 12:23
Yeah, over 4,000 of our best dead, and over 30,000 wounded...so now we're just going to give up, walk away? No military presense at all, no SF to train and advise? We walk out...and Iran walks in.

And you realize this is all Politics...Presidential re-ellection politics. Obama does not give a damn about our soldiers' sacrifices, or the strategic consequences of leaving...I't all about his second term. I, I, I, me, me me.

So, the US gets weaker, and the Islamicists get stronger. That will be the result of this abandonment of duty.

The world will watch, and draw their own conclusions about the trustworthiness and comittment of the US.

A-Bear680
10-22-11, 13:07
AFAIK , the central issue is decent SOFA and a lack of enough votes in the Iraqi parliment or whatever they call it. They got their independent constitutional republic , it's up to them to learn how to keep it. Or not .
Tag for 01/02/2112 .

DeltaSierra
10-22-11, 13:13
The world will watch, and draw their own conclusions about the trustworthiness and comittment of the US.

No, the world has already come to a conclusion about the US...

They have concluded that the US is a bully that imposes itself on others for no valid cause, in the name of "freedom" and "democracy." If you take a step back, and look at the dictatorships and tyrannical regimes we have propped up and supported over the years, there is no way that you can tell me with a straight face that we are the "good" guys...

The issue in this case is that we have thrown good money (and lives) after bad, and what we have at the end of the day is a more volatile situation in the Middle East than we had ten years ago. It is high time that we pull out, and leave them to their own devices.
If they want to kill each other when we leave, that is their problem, not ours...

arizonaranchman
10-22-11, 13:29

That's why this politically correct method of patty-cake warfare is BS. To hell with their hearts and minds. We should have bombed them into the stone age in 2001 and left them in complete ruin. If they tried any other games hit them again even harder until they figure out they cant afford to mess with us.

No occupation, no rebuilding, just utter destruction and ruin is what they should have gotten. That's far cheaper and it's quick and decisive. Far few American lives would have been lost or otherwise ruined. And we wouldn't look like sissies like we do in the eyes of those stone-age morons that inhabit that area. They respect force only. Give it to them in spades.

Irish
10-22-11, 18:03
Yeah, over 4,000 of our best dead, and over 30,000 wounded...so now we're just going to give up, walk away? No military presense at all, no SF to train and advise? We walk out...and Iran walks in.

I understand what you're saying and agree to a certain extent. However, the Iraqis are the ones who want us out of their own sovereign country and it is our obligation to comply.

Irish
10-22-11, 18:05
That's why this politically correct method of patty-cake warfare is BS. To hell with their hearts and minds. We should have bombed them into the stone age in 2001 and left them in complete ruin. If they tried any other games hit them again even harder until they figure out they cant afford to mess with us.

No occupation, no rebuilding, just utter destruction and ruin is what they should have gotten. That's far cheaper and it's quick and decisive. Far few American lives would have been lost or otherwise ruined. And we wouldn't look like sissies like we do in the eyes of those stone-age morons that inhabit that area. They respect force only. Give it to them in spades.

Why would we bomb the Iraqis in 2001?

11B101ABN
10-22-11, 18:18

I dont agree with you very often, but this is dead the hell on.

11B101ABN
10-22-11, 18:20
No, the world has already come to a conclusion about the US...

They have concluded that the US is a bully that imposes itself on others for no valid cause, in the name of "freedom" and "democracy." If you take a step back, and look at the dictatorships and tyrannical regimes we have propped up and supported over the years, there is no way that you can tell me with a straight face that we are the "good" guys...

The issue in this case is that we have thrown good money (and lives) after bad, and what we have at the end of the day is a more volatile situation in the Middle East than we had ten years ago. It is high time that we pull out, and leave them to their own devices.
If they want to kill each other when we leave, that is their problem, not ours...

Freedom and democracy are valid causes, and we are the good guys.

Regional stability is a valid concern and will be for the forseeable future.

A-Bear680
10-22-11, 19:40

And leave them in the same kind of shape as , say , A-stan at the beginning of the Klinton reign?
Just curious.
Or , maybe , Angola ? And there some huge differences , no doubt about that.

wild_wild_wes
10-22-11, 23:16
I understand what you're saying and agree to a certain extent. However, the Iraqis are the ones who want us out of their own sovereign country and it is our obligation to comply.

The "Iraqis" want us out. Which ones? I doubt the Sunnis and the Kurds do.

It looks like the Kurds will be another minority group the US uses then throws away.

Irish
10-22-11, 23:30
The "Iraqis" want us out. Which ones?

How about Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki? http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/10/us-troops-are-leaving-because-iraq-doesnt-want-them-there/247174/

Irish
10-22-11, 23:37
Then again maybe we'll just go pick a fight with Iran and see what happens... http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.1c00d9d98b341e59ecd34419469b877f.541&show_article=1

All the while Afghanistan is taking sides with Pakistan against the U.S. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44998270 Maybe we should waste a guhzillion more dollars and lives there since they're so appreciative?

Yemen's getting crazy again! http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-world/fierce-clashes-erupt-in-yemeni-capital-20111022-1mduw.html

Libya has been "freed" and yet we now have American troops pushing further into Africa and for what? **** the Middle East and Africa and everything and everyone in both of them.

wild_wild_wes
10-23-11, 00:37
They possess the substance we need to run our civilization.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-23-11, 01:09

Most people cringe and roll their eyes at this kind of sentiment, and say it can't be done-- but how many Cartheginians do you see walking around? Nobody wants to put the time in burying the bodies and salting the fields, but it can be done.

The real end game here is that the modern and liberal muslims have to face the fact that they have crazy uncles all over the place and they are going to have to put them down hard if they want to play in the 21st century. I'm talking about taking out the 10-15% of their population that wants a high speed ox-cart to the 7th century.

Oh- what I forgot to add was, if we get 'out' in January, isn't the whole thing going to fall apart this summer? I can't see Barry, four years in, being able to blame Bush for it and having anyone but hard lefties believe him. The only thing worse then the loss of life and treasure would be if it all goes to crap. I hear that we won't even be keeping our bases? If I were Barry I'd get Maliki on the phone and tell him that he better un**** himself. Car bombs and body guards are highly unreliable things.

GermanSynergy
10-23-11, 14:58
DOS will maintain a presence in Iraq for many years to come. Most DOD contracts are wrapping up there by 12/31/11.

scottryan
10-23-11, 16:50

Exactly

Iraqgunz
10-23-11, 17:56
As someone who has spent 40 months of his life in this country, I am with mixed feelings. I can tell you that many people on the ground the average "muhammed' so to speak are very concerned about their future.

On the other hand we have spent too much time here and to be quite honest I am not sure what it is all for. One thing that I really disappointed in is the amount of waste and abuse that is happening here in large scales. If Congress could see it they would flip the **** out. So would the American taxpayers.

It's time to leave here and move on. We also need to withdraw from Afghanistan as well. Pull everything out, take all of equipment, weapons and personnel and send them home.

If anyone remembers what happened after the fisrt Gulf War like I do, get ready for more unemployed military members. Life may be good when you are deployed, but once you are home and not fighting Congress is looking for ways to shed the budget and people always go first.

Let's use are servicemembers at home to help fix our problem and TRULY secure the border. If you were to ask the average military member this; Where would you rather serve, in the U.S securing the border and helping your country or in Afghanistan? I am pretty sure I know the answer.