PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 11 Moon Landing: Faked?

Failure2Stop
10-22-11, 04:26
I'm just curious about the public perception of this.
Do you believe that the Apollo 11 Moon Landing was faked, or that it was genuine.

I don't really want to discuss it, as that takes away from the value of the data I think.

Just pick one and see how many members agree with you.

Please don't make this an argument, it is simply my quest for data.
Votes are private.

Just a Jarhead
10-22-11, 11:11
deleted. didn't want to possibly skew the data.

Redmanfms
10-26-11, 00:41
Edited to keep it within F2S's criteria.

dookie1481
10-26-11, 01:46
When you finish collecting your data, would you mind sharing what prompted this question?

Failure2Stop
10-28-11, 11:00
When you finish collecting your data, would you mind sharing what prompted this question?

The first time I ever heard the proposal that the moon landing was faked was when I was working for the UK MoD a few years ago.
Every now and then I see it come up (and I think I had just watched something about the Moon on Discovery) and I was just curious to see how our membership as a whole viewed the subject, especially considering that gun forums tend to attract some. . . colorful individuals. I know that GD is avoided by many members (to include myself), so I don't think that the poll is accurate enough to say anything about the perceptions of the forum as a whole, I just wanted to see how the numbers shook out.

Really the most suprising thing to me is the number of "I don't know"s. Interesting.
Generally, if I don't know something and I realize that I have insufficient information to have an educated opinon I make an effort to educate myself. Google is the autodidact's finest tool. Anyway, I know that not everyone approaches education the same way, just an interesting bubble in the results.

markm
10-28-11, 11:51
Chaz Michael Michael - "They laughed at Louie Armstrong when he said he was going to the moon... now he's up there laughing at them!"

Failure2Stop
10-30-11, 22:55
To all that posted here:

I apologise for deleting your posts, if you want to start up a thread to demonstrate your proof, great, go ahead, but this one is simply to vote.

Thanks to all that have voted.

markm
10-31-11, 08:09
I'm always amazed at how hard simple directions are for people to follow. :fie:

Don't DEBATE it.... Just VOTE! :eek:

Artos
10-31-11, 10:15
Intersting stuff...i was born in the late 60's, so always been fascinated w/ the said debate.

A silly question for the OP...F2S, is 'your' curiosity (test) specific with the first landing or would you include all the moon landings in this fake vs genuine debate?? It is interesting that anytime it comes up, it is only #11 that is discussed??

Anyway, I'm under the impression the poll numbers would not change, you either believe in all, none or aren't sure.

Sorry if this post falls outside of what you want included in the thread...yank it if need be.

Failure2Stop
10-31-11, 15:24
Intersting stuff...i was born in the late 60's, so always been fascinated w/ the said debate.

A silly question for the OP...F2S, is 'your' curiosity (test) specific with the first landing or would you include all the moon landings in this fake vs genuine debate?? It is interesting that anytime it comes up, it is only #11 that is discussed??

Anyway, I'm under the impression the poll numbers would not change, you either believe in all, none or aren't sure.

Sorry if this post falls outside of what you want included in the thread...yank it if need be.

No problem.
I really don't know if separation is necessary, as the leading proponents of the faked landing seem to indicate that we have never actually put humans on the moon. I went with the 11 specifically as it draws the most controversy.

Just a Jarhead
10-31-11, 15:45
Deleted. misunderstood. Thought you said go ahead and post now if you want when you actually said start another thread. My apology.