PDA

View Full Version : JBLM Area Ranges That Don't Suck

J8127
10-23-11, 15:07
PNW Crew,

I'm growing less and less tolerant of the "suicide pit" in Capital Forest, but I can't find a range around here that does not have absurd "safety" rules. I seriously can't believe how ****ing ridiculous these places are. Bunyan has an 8 round magazine limit, tacoma revolver doesn't allow "rapid fire", puyalup has a 5 round limit, blah blah blah

I have not tried JBLM Range 15, but it appears you can only shoot rifle OR pistol, does anyone have more experience with that range? Also is it ran like you are doing a mil shoot? I've also seen regs that say you HAVE to store registered firearms on base, but the new JBLM form has a block for personal residence storage, so is that out-dated?

I'm willing to travel up to an hour from JBLM for a range that isn't garbage. Does such a thing exist?

GotAmmo
10-23-11, 15:55
PNW Crew,

I'm growing less and less tolerant of the "suicide pit" in Capital Forest, but I can't find a range around here that does not have absurd "safety" rules. I seriously can't believe how ****ing ridiculous these places are. Bunyan has an 8 round magazine limit, tacoma revolver doesn't allow "rapid fire", puyalup has a 5 round limit, blah blah blah

I have not tried JBLM Range 15, but it appears you can only shoot rifle OR pistol, does anyone have more experience with that range? Also is it ran like you are doing a mil shoot? I've also seen regs that say you HAVE to store registered firearms on base, but the new JBLM form has a block for personal residence storage, so is that out-dated?

I'm willing to travel up to an hour from JBLM for a range that isn't garbage. Does such a thing exist?

you can use Shotgun at range 15 but only fire slugs... they run it somewhat like a mil range but they give a 10-15 min window to fire.. cease fire...then 10 to change targets, police brass, no touching of weapons is allowed during the cease fire

as far as weapons registration, i lived off base, never registered my firearms with the PMO, not even when i used range 15 since it was open to civilians. Never saw the reason why my firearms had to be registered to use the range when Joe Civilian was allowed to use our range .... and range use is cheap.. 4 bucks.. just dont buy ammo from them..

Not very many ranges in the area that will let you do tactical shooting if that's what you are after

J8127
10-24-11, 04:28
Does Range 15 allow transitions though? I got the impression you could shoot rifle, OR pistol, OR shotgun, etc...

Anyone have experience with Evergreen Sportsmen's Club?

Yes, "tactical" shooting is what I'm going for. I want to be able to do transitions, speed reloads, and shoot without speed or magazine restrictions.

GG Asian
10-26-11, 10:14
They have a separate pistol area and rifle area. I don't believe you can do transitions. I do know that you can't do rapid fire.

You should look into West Coast Armory in Issaquah for transitions and maybe rapid fire.