PDA

View Full Version : Hamid Karzai: Afghanistan Would Back Pakistan In U.S. War

austinN4
10-23-11, 17:28
"If fighting starts between Pakistan and the U.S., we are beside Pakistan," Karzai said is an interview with private Pakistani television station GEO that aired Saturday. "If Pakistan is attacked and the people of Pakistan need Afghanistan's help, Afghanistan will be there with you."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052391/Diplomacy-struggle-Afghanistan-Pakistan-war-U-S--Hamid-Karzai-says.html

montanadave
10-23-11, 18:10
As far as I'm concerned, the next drone strike ought to be directed at this duplicitous ****. While it's readily apparent Karzai is simply saying whatever is the most politically expedient thing to say on any given occasion, how can the United States expect to retain even a shred of credibility as an honest power broker in the realm of international affairs when we back such a corrupt POS?

Like every other foreign nation which has mired itself in that shit hole, I think it's about time the United States cut bait in Afghanistan.

The mission in Afghanistan was to capture or kill Osama bin Laden and kill as many al Qaeda as we could. Mission accomplished.

Any additional American casualties related to Afghanistan should be limited to the carpal tunnel syndrome some drone operator in Nevada develops.

An Undocumented Worker
10-23-11, 19:21
Where is this talk of a war between the USA and Pakistan coming from in the first place?

VooDoo6Actual
10-23-11, 21:16
Where is this talk of a war between the USA and Pakistan coming from in the first place?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/19/us-increases-troops-on-afghan-pakistan-border-as-clinton-visits-afghanistan/

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-23-11, 22:45
Wait, you mean a muslim from a militant muslim region will side with militant muslims in a war against the great infidel? WHAT A ****ING SHOCKER!

VooDoo6Actual
10-23-11, 22:50
Wait, you mean a muslim from a militant muslim region will side with militant muslims in a war against the great infidel? WHAT A ****ING SHOCKER!

Yep, can't wait for this World Governance thingy....

This has trouble written all over it. Blowback control !

austinN4
10-23-11, 22:54
Like every other foreign nation which has mired itself in that shit hole, I think it's about time the United States cut bait in Afghanistan.

The mission in Afghanistan was to capture or kill Osama bin Laden and kill as many al Qaeda as we could. Mission accomplished.
I'm with you on this MD. Let the F's kill each other. I really don't care.

A-Bear680
10-24-11, 04:00
Damn right , they 're good at it.

BrianS
10-24-11, 13:34
As far as I'm concerned, the next drone strike ought to be directed at this duplicitous ****. While it's readily apparent Karzai is simply saying whatever is the most politically expedient thing to say on any given occasion, how can the United States expect to retain even a shred of credibility as an honest power broker in the realm of international affairs when we back such a corrupt POS?

Not only is he corrupt but IIRC there is credible evidence that he is bipolar and on meds for it.

SteyrAUG
10-24-11, 13:39
I wonder if a politely worded letter of apology would convince Russia to return to the region.

montanadave
10-24-11, 15:35
I wonder if a politely worded letter of apology would convince Russia to return to the region.

Fair's fair.

It's China's turn.

khc3
10-24-11, 15:37
He's just covering his own ass when we abandon him like we did Mubarak.

NATO ain't gonna be there forever.

RogerinTPA
10-25-11, 14:51
He knows that America's stay is coming to an end. He's saying the most politically expedient thing so as to not have his country over run by extremist after we're gone. Unfortunately for him, it doesn't matter what he says. He already has plans for vacating the country after we leave, and so do most of the folks who were bought by us, as evidence with his 2 million dollar flat in England and all the nice new Yachts I've seen flying Afghan flags in Dubai.

He's playing the survival game, that's all.

Reagans Rascals
10-25-11, 16:22
That entire region has been known as the powder keg of the world... one spark to ignite it with a fury... sooooo..... anyone have any matches?:big_boss:

kmrtnsn
10-25-11, 20:42
What Karzai meant to say was that he would be backing Pakistan up until that drone-fired Hellfire missle flies up his ass.

Abraxas
10-25-11, 20:54
Fair's fair.

It's China's turn.

One of your better ideas, that and the drone strike on Karzai's home.

VooDoo6Actual
10-26-11, 00:29
I'm trying to wrap my head around what possible back-up Karzai can be other than Cannon Fodder (having trained his Presidential Troops in CQB, supposedly his best) or supply the Opium for Pakistan's ass whopping ?

crusader377
10-26-11, 12:14
Unfortunatley it seems like we are relearning a lesson that every army has learned fighting in Afghanistan from Alexander in 325BC to the Russians in the 1980s. That is that you can only rent Afghans and can't buy them. They are a culture who will pretend to be your friends one day and stab you in the back the next day. I think we should end our nation building activities in Afghanistan and leave as soon as reasonibly possible.

Belmont31R
10-26-11, 12:19
Unfortunatley it seems like we are relearning a lesson that every army has learned fighting in Afghanistan from Alexander in 325BC to the Russians in the 1980s. That is that you can only rent Afghans and can't buy them. They are a culture who will pretend to be your friends one day and stab you in the back the next day. I think we should end our nation building activities in Afghanistan and leave as soon as reasonibly possible.

We already learned hearts and minds don't work in Vietnam, and fought with one hand tied behind our backs by our own doing.

You also can't import western values into Eastern culture who lived with a different set of rules for thousands of years before whitey got there. Afghanistan is not meant to be ruled by a central government.

GermanSynergy
10-26-11, 12:23
I'm shocked! :rolleyes:

Afghanistan will never conform to our view of democracy or western values. you'd have better luck getting a pig to read Shakespeare.

CarlosDJackal
10-26-11, 15:33
Old muslim saying (paraphrase): "Me against my brother. My brother and I against someone else."

Anyone surprised by this should really take the time to educate themselves about who we have been fighting for and against for the past few years.