PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S. #22 Throw Lever Scope Rings or the ADM Recon

lt211
10-26-11, 19:22
A.R.M.S. #22 Throw Lever Scope Rings or the ADM Recon
Anyone? NightForce 2.5 x 10

Height? would the High be the same height as the ADM Recon?
What would the weight be on the ARMS? Seems like it would be a lot less
Less then 1/2 the price

I have the scope on the way but the A.R.M.S. #22 Throw Lever Rings have me re thinking the ADM mount. Please help me decide...

rushca01
10-26-11, 19:31
I don't think you're going to find too much love here for the ARMS unit. I would look into Larue..love or hate him he makes fine equipment.

seb5
10-26-11, 19:38
My optics are mostly in Larues. I prefer Bobro to ADM but have used both. ARMS........if you gave it to me free I wouldn't take it. Bulky, do not return to zero and a regularly occurence of breaking. No thanks.

lt211
10-26-11, 21:00
I don't think you're going to find too much love here for the ARMS unit. I would look into Larue..love or hate him he makes fine equipment.

I have a Larue mount for my aimpoint m4 and Harris bi pod, I also have an ADM for a T1. The Larue mounts are good, but I prefer the ADM mounts. I was just about to commit to the ADM Recon mount until I started re thinking the weight difference of the two.

C4IGrant
10-26-11, 21:22
Don't use anything by ARMS.

C4

a0cake
10-26-11, 21:57
Stay away from ARMS. Return to zero sucks and they break like they're cast out of melted Campbell's Soup cans.

In my experience, Bobro mounts have the best return to zero out there. They also require no adjusting. Expensive though. You can't go wrong with ADM either.

Also, click here for mount weights and heights:

http://www.maxicon.com/guns/optics/one_piece/ar15_onepiece_mounts.htm

lt211
10-27-11, 06:22
Thanks Grant and a0cake... that makes it easy!