PDA

View Full Version : INSAS 5.56mm rifle

tricolor
10-27-11, 17:29
Interesting write up on an uncommon rifle.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9131

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle?

Peshawar
10-27-11, 20:24
Cool link!

GermanSynergy
11-02-11, 19:48
One of our logistics guys in Kabul was a sergeant major in the Indian Army. I can email him and see what he says.

DeltaSierra
11-02-11, 20:05
One of our logistics guys in Kabul was a sergeant major in the Indian Army. I can email him and see what he says.

If you could do that, I'd be interested in his opinion of the rifle...

eternal24k
11-02-11, 20:43
thanks for a great read. I have always been intrigued by these despite the horrible reviews. Would still love to get a parts kit.

MilitaryArms
11-02-11, 23:13
I've spent time in India and have seen these up close. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fire one. It's an interesting weapon, but from what I gather from speaking with Indian soldiers, they're not all that fond of it.

Dave_M
11-03-11, 13:38
Pretty neat.

Noteworthy that the, 'extra' button that you have to press to take off the receiver cover is likely there for the same reason it's on the Yugo & Iraqi AK's: So the cover doesn't fly off (or in the case of the INSAS, flip up) when it's used with a rifle grenade.

Dave_M
11-03-11, 13:39
Also, this thread makes we want to take a box of random parts, dump in a bunch of superglue, shake it vigorously, and see what comes out. :D

KalashniKEV
11-04-11, 09:09
I saw that thread when it first hit... I LOL'd at the white paint.

"Oh, dee contract spec calls for white filled lettering..."

*BOFF* with a wet paintbrush.

wild_wild_wes
11-06-11, 15:52
Wow, it takes a lot of talent to screw up an AK...I've heard even the bayonet is crap.

I think the orange plastic furniture is cool though...do want for my AK...

Dave_M
11-06-11, 22:46
Wow, it takes a lot of talent to screw up an AK..

No, no it doesn't. I think Templar (and many others!) could attest to that...

Miami_JBT
11-10-11, 12:45
Wow, it takes a lot of talent to screw up an AK...I've heard even the bayonet is crap.

I think the orange plastic furniture is cool though...do want for my AK...

Except the fact that the quality of those plastic parts suck ass and make Tapco or ATI look good in terms of quality and abuse factor.

The INSAS is a good idea ****ed up by a bureaucratic regime that is corrupt and out of touch with the real world.

India wanted a home built rifle.... understandable... they have a good idea on paper.... understandable. But the outcome was a cluster **** that makes Haji ****ed AKs look good. And Haji can **** up a wet dream.

India in terms of firearms quality as a whole makes Khyber Pass Copies look good. The only good thing to come out of India for a firearm was their 7.62x51mm Enfields. But that's because they had the tooling there from the Brits and most of the staff at the time was trained under the Brits. The folks that came up with the INSAS is the generation afterwards..... which is why we have this piece of vile human filth that even the Sith of Starwars wouldn't ****ing want after they killed a classroom of small Jedi Children. Hell, the dead Jedi Kids wouldn't want it either.... :jester:

As for my strange rant there.... lack of sleep and the soon to be released Starwars The Old Republic has me ****ed up.

Moose-Knuckle
11-10-11, 19:44
Everything that I have ever read from the guys who have fielded them has concluded they are total POS.