PDA

View Full Version : Santa Claus came to my house early...

Miami_JBT
10-28-11, 00:56
I come home from work today and what do I find sitting on my kitchen counter top? A brand new Colt Combat Commaner XSE 1911 with a note attached to the box.

"Dear Son,

You worked hard this year and I know you've been lusting after one.... so consider this your Christmas present.

From your loving Father"

My old man came to my house and left me a 1911 as a gift..... AWESOME! As for wondering how he got in? He has a set of keys to my place.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af78/miami_jbt/colt21.jpg

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af78/miami_jbt/colt22.jpg

Army Chief
10-28-11, 06:23
Great pistol. Great story. This is, of course, one handgun that you can never sell. Make sure that you sit down with your grandchildren someday and introduce them to the piece -- along with your favorite memories of their late great-grandfather. We don't do this sort of thing nearly well-enough these days, and by the time that realization actually hits us, the opportunities are often long gone.

AC

montanadave
10-28-11, 07:05
Very nice, indeed.

Be sure to hang on to that note. Slip it in a baggie and keep it right with the pistol.

greatnw
10-28-11, 11:57
Well done. I can't think of another firearm to be more proud of then one given to you by your father for your hard work. The fact that's it's a sweet 1911 is just icing on the cake ;)

Stangman
10-28-11, 12:17
What AC & Montanadave said, a thousand times over. That truly is a great gift - good looking one too :cool:

Miami_JBT
10-28-11, 12:18
I have many guns that he has given me.... only one was sold.... a Spanish M1916 Mauser that was beat to shit. It was part of a lot he got for me. Polish M44 Carbine, DDR Makarov, and a couple of other guns. We sold the Spanish Mauser simply because it was crap. I have everything else he's given me.

The best one is a Colt 6721 that I got as a going away gift when I enlisted in the US Army... this was in the tail end of the AWB and he got it brand new under department paper work. He told me "Son, if you're going off to the Infantry you might as well get familiar with the rifle you're be carrying". I still have that rifle and I later did a Form 1 on it to make it into a SBR. BATFE approved the Form 1 on his birthday.

Guns is something my father and I love.... I'm never getting rid of any of them and I plan on telling my great grand kids about the guns and about my father.

GGBird
10-28-11, 18:06
Merry Christmas!

Sounds like your dad is a hell of a great guy. Also sounds like he is truly proud of you.

loupav
10-28-11, 21:41
Wow! A pistol from you pappy! Congratulations, and excellent looking pistola at that!

Guinnessman
10-28-11, 23:16
That is an awesome Christmas present. Colt makes beautiful 1911's and that right there is a new family heirloom. Congrats!

SeriousStudent
10-28-11, 23:23
If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion?

If your father has a favorite brand of Scotch, Bourbon or some other tasty beverage, perhaps you could return the favor?

"Dear Dad,

Thanks for all the lessons you taught me. Honor, trust, integrity, and how to be a man.

Your loving son."

Now, if you happened to write that on the back of a target with a nice group shot through it, I think he would appreciate it even more. :D

Dienekes
10-29-11, 14:11
Great! My folks gave me a .45 for Christmas--51 years ago now. I had fallen in love with them and my Dad bought the DCM pistol I had been borrowing for $25 and put it under the tree. I still have that gun and a few other 1911s as well.

I've been wondering about those XSEs although the bling factor is a bit high for me. In any event, hope you enjoy it as much as I have my old pistol. And your Dad.

duece71
10-29-11, 14:46
Awesome stuff, keep it for your grandkids!!