PDA

View Full Version : Double mag pouch, or two singles?

acaixguard
10-28-11, 15:56
Just wondering how many people here run two single mag pouches instead of a double mag pouch? If I'm CCW'ing (disclaimer: not in my home state!), I usually just use a single mag pouch. However, if I'm taking a class or doing IDPA, I would want to carry 2 spare mags.

I've always used two single mag pouches up to this point, but I'm about to get some RCS mag pouches. The reason I prefer single is more flexibility for less money, as its cheaper to buy 2 singles, rather than a single and a double. Also, I was concerned about how some double mag pouches place the mags too close together, and make it hard for me to deliberately grab the correct mag. However I'm also concerned that mounting 2 RCS mag pouches together with the Eclipse hardware may take up too much space. Does anyone do this?

orionz06
10-28-11, 23:55
I believe the RCS pouches can be fastened together essentially creating a double. My preferences are singles. Any time I want only one I generally do not want the footprint that comes with a double pouch, not just an empty spot.