PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace Laser Grips

RD62
11-21-07, 20:52
Hey guys,

After reading all the glowing endorsements I'm thinking of picking up a pair of these for my SA Gov't model 1911. I haven't really used these and wondered in your experience which model was prefered, the front activation or dual sided activation, and why? Their website says they are black rubber overmolded. I wish they came in colors. Also does anyone know if they are flat bottomed to fit flush with the top of a magwell? Thanks for any info and suggestions! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

-RD62

Joe R.
11-21-07, 21:19
I prefer the front activation (401s if I recall). It allows easy activation of the laser. The bottom of the grips are beveled, not flat. There are green and tan grips to be had out there only they are more difficult to obtain.

RD62
11-25-07, 20:30
Thanks, I see the green and tan with S&W logos on them and even the Kimber ones in the desert colors, but don't really want other manufactures logos on my 1911, or really any logos. I guess I could get the S&W ones... Any one know of a source other than S&W direct? I sent Crimson Trace an email we'll see what they have to say.

-RD62