PDA

View Full Version : Repeal the Ban on Sunday Hunting in Virginia

tmwtrfwler
10-28-11, 23:54
I hate to post this topic as one of my first posts but your support is needed.

Virginia hunters need your help.

Here in VA we have an old blue law on the book banning Sunday hunting. We are pushing hard for a repeal but need your help. We need support via Facebook to boost members of the group Legalize Virginia Sunday Hunting for All. In todays time with so many distractions and commitments pulling at kids we really lose in VA without Sunday's. Landowners should be able to decide what they can and can't do on their land. We can do everything else on Sunday. Shoot guns, buy liquor, strip clubs, golf, buy cigarettes, etc..etc..etc..

I am working with a group of individuals the Commonwealth to repeal the ban on Sunday hunting.

I ask that you join the Facebook group Legalize Virginia Sunday Hunting for All (http://www.facebook.com/groups/291807261572/) in support of our efforts. I can assure you two things.

1) The Facebook group numbers need to increase - we need your help to do so. Click the hyperlink above to join. If the hyperlink above fails you can find the group here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/291807261572/

2) Facebook won't do it alone. There are other significant efforts happening which will be revealed post election.

We need your help. Join the effort.

Thank you for your support.

tmwtrfwler
01-31-12, 12:49
I wanted to provide you with a brief update on the Sunday hunting legislation working its way through the General Assembly.

The Senate passed SB 464 which permits hunting on Sunday on private lands, no deer dogs, and must be 250 yards away from a church. The bill passed 29-11.

The House is taking up House Sunday hunting bills THIS WEDNESDAY at 5:30 PM in the Natural Resources Subcommittee of the Agriculture Committee. This will be a key vote for us. Please look over the counties below, if you have ANY contacts – family, friends, business associates, in these localities, cash in a chit – ask a favor, and have them call and email their Delegate in support of Sunday hunting. They can also visit www.virginiasundayhunting.org to compose their letter. Of, if you would prefer to send me their contact information, I am happy to contact them.

The Subcommittee is:

Delegate Lee Ware dellware@house.virginia.gov (804) 698-1065
Counties of Chesterfield, Fluvanna, Goochland, and Powhatan

Delegate Tommy Wright: deltwright@house.virginia.gov (804) 698-1061
Counties of Amelia, Cumberland, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, and Nottoway

Delegate James Edmunds: deljedmunds@house.virginia.gov (804) 698-1060
Counties of Campbell, Charlotte, Halifax, and Prince Edward

Delegate Tony Wilt: deltwilt@house.virginia.gov (804) 698-1026
County of Rockingham; City of Harrisonburg

Delegate Matt Fariss: delmfariss@house.virginia.gov (804) 698-1059
Counties of Albemarle, Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell, and Nelson

Delegate Ken Plum: delkplum@house.virginia.gov (804) 698-1036
County of Fairfax

Delegate Lynwood Lewis: dellewis@house.virginia.gov (804) 698-1000
Counties of Accomack and Northampton; Cities of Norfolk and Virginia Beach

Thank you for your continued support of this issue, and any help that you are able to give. Please contact Andrew Vehorn (contact info below) if you would like to come to Richmond for the hearing, or have any other questions.
Andrew M. Vehorn
Capital Results
50 Pear Street
Richmond, VA 23223
804-771-5307
andrew@capresults.net