PDA

View Full Version : IBZ on a 6/3 with -2 clicks

Knife_Sniper
10-29-11, 06:08
I have a 20 inch rifle with a detachable carry handle.

I know -4 clicks is supposed to be IBZ for roughly 50-200 yards shooting.

What kind of zero would -2 clicks be doing with m855?

Thanks!

fivefivesix
10-29-11, 20:57
i would say 37.5 yards

steelonsteel
10-30-11, 07:21
the improved 50 zero should be -2 clicks unless your carry handle is in half clicks. If there are 3 clicks between "3" and "4", then it should be -2. if it is a half click sight, then yeah, fivefivesix should be about right.

Failure2Stop
10-30-11, 16:11
the improved 50 zero should be -2 clicks unless your carry handle is in half clicks. If there are 3 clicks between "3" and "4", then it should be -2. if it is a half click sight, then yeah, fivefivesix should be about right.

A2 rear sights will be -2, detachable carry handles will be -4.

I have a 20 inch rifle with a detachable carry handle.

I know -4 clicks is supposed to be IBZ for roughly 50-200 yards shooting.

What kind of zero would -2 clicks be doing with m855?

Thanks!

According to jbmballistics it would be about a 40/280 yard POA/POI.

I gotta ask; why?

steelonsteel
10-30-11, 17:00
A2 rear sights will be -2, detachable carry handles will be -4.

Not according to this;
http://grburnett.us/guns/ImprovedBattlesightZero.pdf
[link stolen from another member here, I forget who]

It makes NO differance from a fixed or removeable carry handle, rather, it only notes that some handles are "half clicks".

The differance between a removable and a fixed is the fixed can go up higher becasue the screw can be longer in the housing.

Please view the link and correct me if I'm wrong [preferably by showing me where], but according to this article by Mr. Santose it is always -2 unless you have a "half click" handle, and to determine if you have a "half click" handle what you do is count the clicks between "3" and "4" - if you have 3 or 6 clicks between those two numbers. 3 clicks meaning you go -2 and 6 clicks meaning you go -4.

*edited to add;
BTW, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or confrontational - If I'm wrong I'd honestly like to know as that would mean I have several rifles zeroed wrong! thanks!

Failure2Stop
10-30-11, 19:44
Believe me, I've spent a long time dealing with this subject.
I'm not a hobbyist.

All milspec A4 carry handles are in "half clicks" for elevation, and therefore will need to be at (-)4 for the rest of the range designations to be correct. If you don't care about making rear sight adjustments for ranges past dead-hold distance it doesn't matter what it is set on.

steelonsteel
10-30-11, 19:49
Believe me, I've spent a long time dealing with this subject.
I'm not a hobbyist.

All milspec A4 carry handles are in "half clicks" for elevation, and therefore will need to be at (-)4 for the rest of the range designations to be correct. If you don't care about making rear sight adjustments for ranges past dead-hold distance it doesn't matter what it is set on.

Never implied you were a hobbyist sir.

Thank you for the clarification - I'll check mine and correct if needed - thank you!

Failure2Stop
10-30-11, 19:53
Never implied you were a hobbyist sir.

That come off a bit more abrasive than I intended.
I have been dealing with the discrepancies in AR sighting systems for several years, professionally.
I also don't mean to demean the hobbyist, as many advances in technique and data come from those that do it simply for the joy of it.

Have a good one.

steelonsteel
10-30-11, 20:01
no harm no foul my friend! I didn't take it as anything bad, quite the opposite - I thought I might have offended you!

Incidentilly, I just checked - my colt 6520 is normal clicks [as its a fixed handle] but the carry handle on my BCM A4 rifle is as you said - half clicks - thankfully I haven't sighted that one yet [I JUST got it]!

I learned something new today about carry handles - cool! And thanks again!