PDA

View Full Version : Tac vest and pack

stitchclimber
10-29-11, 23:50
So I'm looking to pick up a plate carrier, something basic but sturdy.

But I'm wanting either a pack I can sling onto it or attach to it. I've seen plenty of pics of .mil wearing such a rig. But basically thats what I'm going for. Need to wear a basic plate carrier, gear belt, and be able to sling a small 24 hour pack onto it w/o having it swinging around loose or being too back heavy...

I know a correct way to carry the weight of a pack is on the hips, but I'm just having trouble creating the set up.

I'd rather not spend a fortune either... I'm thinking less than $400 total for the pack and carrier...

sgtjosh
10-30-11, 01:41
Tactical tailor removable operator pack.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Pax
10-31-11, 01:03
Plenty of options that will fulfill your needs. Just to throw another option out there that will do basically the same thing as the TT product with a few minor differences: Ares Armor Combat XII Pack.

stitchclimber
10-31-11, 01:20
Thanks guys! These ar the sort of products i was looking for. However, it'd be nice to hear about some personal experience, about these packs.

BC520
10-31-11, 05:13
So I'm looking to pick up a plate carrier, something basic but sturdy.

But I'm wanting either a pack I can sling onto it or attach to it. I've seen plenty of pics of .mil wearing such a rig. But basically thats what I'm going for. Need to wear a basic plate carrier, gear belt, and be able to sling a small 24 hour pack onto it w/o having it swinging around loose or being too back heavy...

I know a correct way to carry the weight of a pack is on the hips, but I'm just having trouble creating the set up.

I'd rather not spend a fortune either... I'm thinking less than $400 total for the pack and carrier...

First off, what are the purposes you plan on using it for. LE? MIL? Competition? Range/Training?

You won't get plates included with your budget as well.

What will be the load in your pack? Any reason you need it to attach to the PC versus using the conventional straps?

Weight of the pack will not be on your hips. You won't be using a waist belt to support it there, and a pack that size shouldn't be carrying a weight/load that requires it. Any weight will be spread out over the straps and the shoulder of the PC.

You need to narrow stuff down better, otherwise I foresee you getting something that may not work for your needs.

stitchclimber
10-31-11, 09:34
First off, what are the purposes you plan on using it for. LE? MIL? Competition? Range/Training?

You won't get plates included with your budget as well.

What will be the load in your pack? Any reason you need it to attach to the PC versus using the conventional straps?

Weight of the pack will not be on your hips. You won't be using a waist belt to support it there, and a pack that size shouldn't be carrying a weight/load that requires it. Any weight will be spread out over the straps and the shoulder of the PC.

You need to narrow stuff down better, otherwise I foresee you getting something that may not work for your needs.

I already have a set of ceramic plates, but I'm not happy with my current knock off carrier, and I want to get a load out that will work for me in the long run. I'll be using this for training, civy shtf ect...

I've tried running standard straps over my PC, but most of the time it gets all tangled up on what little gear I do keep on my chest.

As far as contents go, I'd be treating it like an assault/day pack.
Little extra food, ammo and medical supplies to extend the range of my gear loadout.

I'd probably set my "get home bag" in my car up to the same configuration.

sgtjosh
10-31-11, 13:48
Thanks guys! These ar the sort of products i was looking for. However, it'd be nice to hear about some personal experience, about these packs.

I just ordered the TT pack and am eagerly waiting delivery.

BC520
10-31-11, 23:13
I already have a set of ceramic plates, but I'm not happy with my current knock off carrier, and I want to get a load out that will work for me in the long run. I'll be using this for training, civy shtf ect...

I've tried running standard straps over my PC, but most of the time it gets all tangled up on what little gear I do keep on my chest.

As far as contents go, I'd be treating it like an assault/day pack.
Little extra food, ammo and medical supplies to extend the range of my gear loadout.

I'd probably set my "get home bag" in my car up to the same configuration.

For your PC, do you want a cummerbund or no? Or more minimalist?You should be able to get pretty close to your $400 budget, but be prepared to go a bit higher if need be if it fits your needs better. Figure on 100-150 for a pack. I use a SOHPC, which puts things a bit out of your price range, and I use both Camelbak HAWG and a MULE depending on what I'm doing. Now I use regular pack straps with those, but I'm also not overloading it. Depending on how much you would work with adjusting your budget, the SKDTAC PIG is a good option for a PC from everything I have seen. Another is the Mayflower APC. Both use cummerbunds though.