PDA

View Full Version : Blackwater IO Low Profile Rig, any good?

Geoffrey
11-22-07, 12:42
Hi guys, I am new here.

I am looking for a low profile chest rig that carries less than 6 AR15 magazines.

I am wondering about this one http://www.optactical.com/bliolowprrac.html

I tried a search but came up empty, does anyone have any experience with this rig?

Thanks.

Geoffrey.

ygbsm
11-23-07, 17:43
I have one. If you use it, you MUST use the provided velcro straps. Otherwise your mags fall out. Its a decent rig for the price, but that being said I am still looking for a different one. You can tell it was made with price economy in mind. The mags aren't separated by anything but a small strip at the top.

So, basically, it is a pocket with a strip sewn in for the top of the mags.

LukeMacGillie
11-23-07, 18:34
Ive not used that rig, but I am not impressed with the BW gear. I have one of their rucks which the PALS loops pulled out before I had ever had it loaded and out to the jeep. The grenade and suppressor pouches are cheaply made and Im sure they will fall apart with any real use. To be perfectly honest ive seen better gear made for Airsoft use.

ST911
11-23-07, 18:43
If memory serves, the Blackwater gear was being made by Uncle Mikes. If that's still correct, issues are not unexpected.

The Eagle rig is 10x the kit, for only a wee bit more.

Geoffrey
11-24-07, 09:19
Thanks guys,

I think I will go with Eagle instead.

Lawdog537
11-24-07, 16:13
I also have to put in a plug for the Eagle chest rigs. I have three different ones and they are all great. If you are not interested in the Eagle rigs, I would then look at the Tactical Tailor MAV rig. It is great as well.

jeremy54b
11-24-07, 21:21
I'll probably get banned for suggesting this, but Blackhawk makes a lo-profile chest rig that holds 4 mags...and has some decent pouches.

mattjmcd
11-30-07, 18:01
Another thumbs-up for the TT MAV. I have the split version, and it is very low drag.

You might look at the DBT Battlelab "low vis rack" too. I have 2 of them, and I feel that they are a bit better than the TT unit, even.