PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone?

coyote hunter
10-30-11, 22:58
I will admit that I joke about zombies, I have a "Zombie Hunter" dust cover, etc.

But am I alone in thinking that this is beyond ridiculous?

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

I was under the impression that Hornady made quality ammunition, But after seeing this, I'm considering not buying their ammo anymore.

Thoughts? Halloween trick? Or have I just gone a bit off the deep end?

Boomer10
10-30-11, 23:09
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=90335

coyote hunter
10-30-11, 23:12
whoops.

Thanks for the re-direct

An Undocumented Worker
10-30-11, 23:16
I won't throw a company under a bus for having a sense of humor and taking advantage of a marketing niche, so long as they continue to make quality products and provide quality customer service.

SomeOtherGuy
10-30-11, 23:21
You're not alone, but you and I seem to be in the minority.

Someone else mentioned it would have been nice if Hornady had perfected their 5.56 NATO Superformance instead of wasting time on "zombie" ammo.

BCmJUnKie
10-30-11, 23:25
Im not big into the Zombie thing either.

I love the movies an stuff but thats about it.

People tend to take it too far, dressing up as zombies and starting forums about the impending "Zombie Apocalypse. Gay

Its a fad just like evrything else. A friend does it so they do it.

I wonder how many people bought an AR ONLY cause they seen it in a zombie movie.

Im sure the numbers would be ridicullously overwhelming

TriviaMonster
10-30-11, 23:46

People tend to take it too far, dressing up as zombies and starting forums about the impending "Zombie Apocalypse. Gay

I wonder how many people bought an AR ONLY cause they seen it in a zombie movie.

How many bought ar's? Ha that number is child's play compared to how many bought pistol grip only shotguns, and those stupid chainsaw handle mossburg 500s.

-Chris-

nimdabew
10-31-11, 00:05

Hey now, so does that mean you aren't going to buy an Umbrella Corporation lower when they start selling to the public?

LHS
10-31-11, 00:22
Are they actually offering it, or is it just a cute little promotion? My money's on the latter. I can't imagine them wasting R&D money designing something to kill things that don't exist. It's an ad campaign, pure and simple.

beckman
10-31-11, 00:33
I can see both sides to this one. Although I like to joke about zombies, I don't buy any zombie stuff. If some people want to, that's their business.

There's a valid reason why Hornady makes a point of stating that this is real ammo, and that's because they know that some people will be stupid. Hopefully, nobody will be THAT stupid to joke around with this live ammo.

Perhaps it will become a collectors item in a decade or so. Maybe in 50 or 100 years, it will be valuable -- assuming that the human race hasn't died in a zombie apocalypse. In the event of such a cataclysm, Hornady's ammo will be a joke item for those high-functioning zombies who will look at the ammo and laugh about how it didn't save us. Talk about adding insult to injury.

VaeVictis
10-31-11, 00:40
Hey now, so does that mean you aren't going to buy an Umbrella Corporation lower when they start selling to the public?

I've been waiting for someone to come out with those for a long time.

Iraqgunz
10-31-11, 03:57
Been discussed elsewhere.