PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Company spare parts fit other rifles?

Univibe
11-02-11, 19:11
Wear parts like gas rings, cam pin, firing pin etc---do they fit Bushy, Olympic, Armalite?

Anyone with actual experience?

a308garand
11-02-11, 19:12
yes they fit

sgtrock82
11-02-11, 19:24
I am fairly certain theyll all fit, but you ask for direct experience so all I can say is that Ive bought gas rings from BCM and used them in a BM

BCmJUnKie
11-02-11, 19:36
They work

Inkslinger
11-02-11, 20:16
They will work, but under protest.

fdxpilot
11-02-11, 23:01
Wear parts like gas rings, cam pin, firing pin etc---do they fit Bushy, Olympic, Armalite?

Anyone with actual experience?

The BCM parts are much more likely to be built to spec than the 3 brand rifles you mentioned. I have never had a BCM part not fit, although i have not used their service parts, only full uppers, BCGs, and receiver extensions with castle nuts.

jsummers
11-03-11, 00:06
Instead of replacing parts of a shitty BCG from Bushmaster, Armalite, Olympic, etc, just replace the entire BCG with a quality one like the BCM. Don't be cheap or lazy and use the search function.

markm
11-03-11, 08:12
There's no guarantee what will go into an Olympic. They have their own set of specs for each and every gun. :rolleyes:

mkmckinley
11-03-11, 08:24
If they don't fit it's most likely that the Bushmaster/Olympic etc is out of spec. If you're going to order those parts may as well order an entire BCM bolt to have as a spare if one of the others breaks.

1911-A1
11-03-11, 12:29
There's no guarantee what will go into an Olympic. They have their own set of specs for each and every gun. :rolleyes:

Careful, they might run with that logic, and start marketing their guns as "custom made".

"No two alike!"

markm
11-03-11, 12:36
Careful, they might run with that logic, and start marketing their guns as "custom made".

"No two alike!"

They have told guys that! I remember a guy who sent his gun in because different receivers wouldn't fit it!

Those imbeciles had the gall to tell him that the original receivers were fit together and he had no legit claim on them. :eek:

1911-A1
11-03-11, 12:39
They have told guys that! I remember a guy who sent his gun in because different receivers wouldn't fit it!

Those imbeciles had the gall to tell him that the original receivers were fit together and he had no legit claim on them. :eek:

:blink:

markm
11-03-11, 12:52
Here's the exact incident!!!

Originally Posted By 357mag:
I recently retrieved a cast Olympic Arms lower that I had purchased about 7 years ago and assembled it and pinned it to a Bushmaster upper that I had. When I tried to insert a magazine into the mag well it wouldn't go in all the way. Upon inspection, I discovered that the magazine well is located too far forward by 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch and the magazine contacts, and is blocked by the edge of the upper receiver. Have any of you ever heard of this problem? Anyone know about how Olympic Arms is to deal with? I wonder if there is any chance that they'd replace it.

357mag

UPDATE 1/10/08

I called Olympic Arms to ask about replacing my lower and they said that they WILL NOT honor the warrantee. Their explanation was that this lower and the upper that it supposedly came with were sold as a matched pair. Why am I not surprised.

Lesson learned: Steer clear of Olympic Arms.

Grease Monkey
11-03-11, 13:57
Wow...

Tweak
11-03-11, 19:24
I remember those!:laugh:

fixit69
11-04-11, 01:43
Here's the exact incident!!!

SOB! I would say you have got to be kidding me, but... here it is. Unreal. How can they get away with this?

Anyway, if spec MIGHT work, BCM has proven their quality to in my builds. I have had no problems yet, with different hosts and parts combinations.

Iraqgunz
11-04-11, 11:04
I really can't believe this was a serious question.