PDA

View Full Version : Bobro T-1 mount?

jp0319
11-04-11, 01:17
It's been like 2 years since I herd that bobro was going to produce a mount for the aimpoint T-1/H-1 and still no mount. I love their mount for my ML3 but I want to get a T-1 and have been waiting on the mount for a LOOOONG time. Does anyone have any word on this?

JP

Nightvisionary
11-10-11, 00:46
I think Bobro scope mounts are inherently flawed. The torx screws go in upside down on all their mounts. This makes mounting optics more difficult and guarantees the screws will fall out and become lost should they ever become loose.

I have yet to figure out a single logical reason why they designed their mounts in that fashion.:confused:

Robb Jensen
11-10-11, 06:51
Interesting, I've been using Bobro mounts for years w/o issue. And blue Loc-Tite is a wonderful thing.

Nightvisionary
11-17-11, 00:45
Interesting, I've been using Bobro mounts for years w/o issue. And blue Loc-Tite is a wonderful thing.

Can you think of a logical reason for designing a mount where the screws must be installed from beneath the scope mount?

kartoffel
11-17-11, 14:30
Can you think of a logical reason for designing a mount where the screws must be installed from beneath the scope mount?

Here's one reason: all Bobro mounts are quick release and return-to-zero. Putting the screws in upside down encourages Bubba and PVT Schmuckatelli types to actually take the mount off the weapon before messing around with those screws. So, although it's a pretty weak argument -- safety!

Since this thread was about Aimpoint Micro mounts though: consider that Aimpoint Micro mounts are even worse. Every Aimpoint Micro employs four upside down screws. In many mounts these screws are completely hidden and require removal of the mount just to visually inspect them. Well, at least they can't fall out.

scottryan
11-17-11, 15:46
It's been like 2 years since I herd that bobro was going to produce a mount for the aimpoint T-1/H-1 and still no mount. I love their mount for my ML3 but I want to get a T-1 and have been waiting on the mount for a LOOOONG time. Does anyone have any word on this?

JP

I'd rather have a ADM one piece T1 mount.

I don't like bobro mounts. Look at this:

http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/5/

There are 3 "layers" of parts fixed together, before you get to the actual area where the optic sits. Yes I realize this is for a full size mount, but you get my point.

C4IGrant
11-17-11, 16:06

Bingo. Never any issues.

Bobro represents one of THE best mounts on the market today.

C4

Robb Jensen
11-17-11, 17:03

No but I've seen that on sporting rifle scope rings before too.

johnson
11-17-11, 21:07

Aesthetics.

jpmuscle
01-31-13, 17:25
I think Bobro scope mounts are inherently flawed. The torx screws go in upside down on all their mounts. This makes mounting optics more difficult and guarantees the screws will fall out and become lost should they ever become loose.

I have yet to figure out a single logical reason why they designed their mounts in that fashion.:confused:

so loctite them and after torquing them down put a few dabs of clear nail polish on the screw head to help seal it further. Its a non issue.