PDA

View Full Version : S&J Hardware Safety Question

AO520
11-04-11, 01:39
I received my jumbo safety from S&J Hardware yesterday and was surprised to see the small side didn't have ridged circles like I've seen in all the pics. Is this normal?

The larger end is fine and I like overall size and finish. I have a vang on my 870 right now and always felt it was a little big for my liking so the S&J safety should work out great.

I realize I'm asking about something pretty trivial, and it doesn't make that big of a difference. It would just be nice to know if they changed the design, or if I got a lemon.

Thanks for your help.

readyme
11-08-11, 19:46
Keep us posted. I am actually very interested in getting one of those safeties.
How does it compare to the Vang?

AO520
11-13-11, 03:25
I emailed S&J Hardware and never heard back. A couple days later I saw the safety in a YouTube video and it looked the same as mine so I'm assuming that's how they are now.

After painting a little red ring like the stock Remington safety has I installed it with no problem. The size is just right in my opinion compared to the vang which is slightly too big. The finish matches my 870P better then the Vang which is an added bonus. I haven't taken my shotgun out to the range since installing it, but I doubt there will be any issues. I'll see if I can take a couple good photos comparing the safeties in between football games tomorrow.

Also I'll probably have a few items including the Vang Comp Safety that will be needing new homes. I think I'm gonna donate them to the "Pay It Forward" idea so check that thread soon.

readyme
11-14-11, 13:25
Where is the Pa it Forward section?

I emailed S&J Hardware and never heard back. A couple days later I saw the safety in a YouTube video and it looked the same as mine so I'm assuming that's how they are now.

After painting a little red ring like the stock Remington safety has I installed it with no problem. The size is just right in my opinion compared to the vang which is slightly too big. The finish matches my 870P better then the Vang which is an added bonus. I haven't taken my shotgun out to the range since installing it, but I doubt there will be any issues. I'll see if I can take a couple good photos comparing the safeties in between football games tomorrow.

Also I'll probably have a few items including the Vang Comp Safety that will be needing new homes. I think I'm gonna donate them to the "Pay It Forward" idea so check that thread soon.