PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Components +2 extension jamming my Benelli

Devildawg2531
11-04-11, 15:33
I've got a Benelli SuperNova that I really like and it has been 100% reliable. I purchased the Nordic Components 2 round extension tube and installed per the instructions. It appears well made and installs securely but now the gun jam's every 2nd or 3rd round. It seems like the spring is faulty. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas how to correct it?

PD Sgt.
11-05-11, 01:20
I am not sure what you mean when you say the Benelli is jamming, but if the spring seems to be binding up and not advancing the follower, you may want to check the extension is threaded in all the way.

The Nordic extentions are actually two piece, and the tube screws into the nut. There could be a gap between the tube on the Benelli and the tube on the extension, and this could bind or catch the spring. I had a similar problem on an 870 of mine at first. I can't promise this is what is happening to yours, but I know after tightening mine down my problems stopped.

Devildawg2531
11-05-11, 07:21
By jamming I mean the shell is leaving the shell tube but not going into the chamber. The pump action sticks and I have to reach in through the ejection port and manually remove the stuck shell. I don't see any gap between the extension tube and the stock tube. Nordic is sending me a new spring. I
I've considered replacing the spring with one from Wolff but I don't want to add another variable until I get this cycling reliably. I had planned to sell my Mossberg 590 and replace it with the Benelli but not unless I get this running 100% (with more than the standard 4 round capacity)

Todd.K
11-05-11, 10:02
Did you use the stock spring?

Devildawg2531
11-05-11, 11:27
Did you use the stock spring?

Todd - I used the longer spring that Nordic Components supplied with the extension tube. I cut it to 16" longer than the stock tube + the extension which is the length that NC said to use. After talking with NC customer service they asked me to cut additional length off but each subsequent reduction has made the cycling worse. NC is sending me a replacement spring so hopefully this will solve the problem.