PDA

View Full Version : Latest Issue Of Shooting Times

BushmasterFanBoy
11-23-07, 17:19
Just wanted to let everyone know about the latest issue of Shooting Times. One of their field editors (David Fortier) spent three months embedded with an American calvary unit in Iraq. He does an extensive write up on the small arms carried by US troops, as well as those of captured enemy weapons. I found it very informative and it was interesting to have a "gun guy" over there for the specific job of getting a story together about the small arms being used in Iraq. I just got my issue today, I usually get them a bit earlier than the news-stands do, but it should be easy to find. The cover has some American troops on it, and of course a big headline about American vs Insurgent Small Arms.

If this is a dupe, well then feel free to delete the topic and ruin my non-existent pride :D .

5pins
11-23-07, 18:14
He’s had articles in the last two Shotgun new about his trip over there also.

BushmasterFanBoy
11-23-07, 22:53
He’s had articles in the last two Shotgun new about his trip over there also.

Any idea where I can pick these up? I could still pick up the last one at the local store, but online would be good to get the earlier one. I really liked this one and it is always enjoyable to read about these kinds of things.

Rule303
11-24-07, 18:08
Part one of his article is in Volume 61, Issue 32 and part two is in Volume 62, Issue 33. I don't know where you can buy them*, but those are the exact issues you want to look for.

*If you can't find any copies, let me know and I'll give you mine when I'm done with 'em.

Spurholder
11-24-07, 22:19
I read a little of one of those pieces while waiting for the barber. Pretty good article.

BTW, BFB - it's Cavalry, not Calvary. Calvary was the site of the Crucifixtion.