PDA

View Full Version : FN SCAR MK. 20 availability?

a0cake
11-05-11, 00:08
Does anybody know if / when this might be available on the civilian market? I've heard early 2012. I've heard 2014. I've heard $7k price tag. I've heard $3k. Blah Blah Blah. Does anybody have anything definitive or at least credible that they can share?

SRT-M4
11-05-11, 14:34
I havent been able to get any info regarding the MK 20. Fielding was suppose to begin back in May/June to SOCOM but I havent heard any good or bad reports.
I would think that maybe we will hear something at the SHOT show on a civi version.
Im sure that somebody knows more about the MK 20 but noone is talking as of yet.
I would be all over it if it became available.

Sensei
11-07-11, 21:48
I have not seen any of the MK20s on this deployment and I do not believe that it has been released. I have to wonder if it will ever come to fruition given the slowdown in SCAR deployment over the past year. IMHO, the MK20 seems to be an solution looking for a problem.

Spengo
11-09-11, 16:47
Does anybody know if / when this might be available on the civilian market? I've heard early 2012. I've heard 2014. I've heard $7k price tag. I've heard $3k. Blah Blah Blah. Does anybody have anything definitive or at least credible that they can share?

I bet both prices will be right. Just like the mk 17 it will start off selling for $7k on gunbroker as people take advantage of those who have to have the latest and greatest rifle right away regardless of price and then settle down to around $3k a year later.