PDA

View Full Version : Muck Boots

awm14hp
11-05-11, 08:13
I have been a long term user of LAC rubber boots and was thinking of trying out the Mucks. My buddy loves them, I tried a pair of Lac neo boots few years back didnt like fit or wear and went back to rubber anyone like or hate the mucks ??

danish
11-05-11, 09:16
I love Muck Boots. My first pair just took a crap and they were five years old. They are very comfortable and I am able to work in them all day with no back problems which will usually plague me if the sole is horrible. I had a pair of Lacrosse Burlys before the Mucks and they crapped out after the first year so my track record with them has not been good. Buy with confidence...

iGun
11-05-11, 12:41
Mucks kick ass. While not ideal for the purpose, I've hiked long distances in rugged terrain with them. Good insoles help. No more rubber boots for me.

handlebar1980
11-06-11, 16:52
Mucks are the best

iGun
11-06-11, 18:44
Forgot to mention that the soles on Mucks depend on the model you buy. Some are pretty wimpy, but the "Wetland" model has good tread.

Nightvisionary
11-06-11, 19:04
I stick to Danners. Leather boots are more comfortable for me.

TriviaMonster
11-06-11, 19:06
I use mucks at the carwashes where I work. Pretty durable considering the unholy beating they take. I pike danners too.

-Chris-

iGun
11-06-11, 19:16
I stick to Danners. Leather boots are more comfortable for me.

Agree. Danner Marine are excellent. But if you're up to the shins in mud, it's hard to beat Mucks.

ICANHITHIMMAN
11-07-11, 06:12
I got my wife a pair for her to use around the barn yard and next thing I know she wont take them off. She says they are warm as all hell and very comfortable.

awm14hp
11-07-11, 14:59
Agree. Danner Marine are excellent. But if you're up to the shins in mud, it's hard to beat Mucks.

Yeah I have plenty of heavy duty Danner types they are not going to do well were I hunt its almost always wet and shit deep in mud.

Wetwork
11-07-11, 20:53
Been using Bogs for about 3 years now...on a cattle ranch. A lot cheaper and pretty much the same thing. Most of the ranchers and dairymen use Bogs/Mucks in our area during the winter. You have to use a ton of foot powder, and even then by the end of the cold season they stink. I'm talking so bad, you wanna puke.-WW