PDA

View Full Version : Noveske lower question..?

rushca01
11-05-11, 21:58
What's with the weird machining in the back of the receiver? Why is one side "thinner" then the other.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/rushca01/Noveske_Stripped_Lower_Receiver_Ble.jpg

Casull
11-05-11, 22:53
Because they thought it was cute. :dance3:

I'm kidding. I actually don't get that ether.
I wonder if it's a political thing...
Although, my plain Jane mil-spec lower also has a cut like this... seems that it must be normal.

Ghost__1
11-06-11, 00:09
It actually has a purpose. It's put there so most Joe blows off the street can't just drop an auto sear in there lower for some full retard. As you may know it doesn't make it impossible but highly unlikely as most don't just have machining equipment or experience. Fun Hater's :-)

Col_Crocs
11-06-11, 02:10
It's actually not thinner. The thin portion you see towards the rear is actually just the same thickness as the opposite side(left). It is however, thicker towards the front where the selector's detent channel and position grooves are to be contained, along with the hole for the detent and spring.
For an auto sear to fit, the walls would actually have to be as thin as the FCG pocket walls, with the exception a small portion starting about halfway down, going towards the bottom, which will retain the same thickness you see now for the same purpose stated above.
My guess is, it's just easier to machine that way as it eliminates one depth setting.

Iraqgunz
11-06-11, 02:24
FYI- You don't need an auto sear to make it go full auto.

It actually has a purpose. It's put there so most Joe blows off the street can't just drop an auto sear in there lower for some full retard. As you may know it doesn't make it impossible but highly unlikely as most don't just have machining equipment or experience. Fun Hater's :-)

Ghost__1
11-06-11, 03:34
Sounds good to me. Eff if I know what it is for sure then. Learn something everyday for sure.