PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Defence upper

EmanP
11-24-07, 13:51
Is there a good place to find a Sabre Defence midlength upper?

Littlelebowski
11-24-07, 13:55
Help me get PKFirearms (http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=366401) on the ball about updating what they have in stock and we'll both know :D

Rmplstlskn
11-24-07, 18:25
I just bought one (still in shipping) on Friday from Talon Arms (http://www.talonarms.com). Their sale on Sabre just ended on Wednesday (I paid $315 shipped), but maybe talk to Rob about honoring that price... Who knows...

Rob was very helpful and made sure I got what I wanted for my needs and existing equipment... So far, I'm pleased...

Rmpl

WS6
11-24-07, 20:11
I just bought one (still in shipping) on Friday from Talon Arms (http://www.talonarms.com). Their sale on Sabre just ended on Wednesday (I paid $315 shipped), but maybe talk to Rob about honoring that price... Who knows...

Rob was very helpful and made sure I got what I wanted for my needs and existing equipment... So far, I'm pleased...

Rmpl

Spoke with Robert on the phone the other day. Very helpful/friendly.

EmanP
11-25-07, 02:20
Anyone with a link to an entire Sabre upper, not a barrel on a CMT upper?

Rmplstlskn
11-25-07, 10:46
Anyone with a link to an entire Sabre upper, not a barrel on a CMT upper?

Dude, did you even check out the Talon link I posted above? :confused:

They have COMPLETE Sabre UPPERS, factory built and assembled on a Sabre-engraved receiver... That is what I bought...

Rmpl

EmanP
11-25-07, 10:55
I did and I should have clarrified. I'm not looking for the BCG or other parts on it, just the upper receiver, barrel and FSB by them. Seems like Talon has custom builds and everything for the upper with it and not just an upper. For that $315 price you mentioned you would have bought just the barrel and not the upper receiver to go with it.

Rmplstlskn
11-25-07, 11:17
I did and I should have clarrified. I'm not looking for the BCG or other parts on it, just the upper receiver, barrel and FSB by them. Seems like Talon has custom builds and everything for the upper with it and not just an upper. For that $315 price you mentioned you would have bought just the barrel and not the upper receiver to go with it.

DOH! You're right... I placed the online order Wednesday (last day of sale) for just the barrel for $315. I then forgot to add an item so I called them and spoke with Rob. After talking with Rob about my needs and present equipment, he recommended I get the WHOLE UPPER, which I did. I could then part it up, if needed, to get to my END result for a carbine and SPR...

BTW, he took off $115 or so from the upper as I did NOT want the BCG. He had no problem doing this as I have a brand new Advanced Ordinance shrouded M16 BCG ready to go in it.

So, Talon has w2hat you are looking for. Just call up and have them drop off the BCG from the purchase.

I paid $550 SHIPPED for the Saber 16" middy Upper with Phantom FS installed.

Rmpl

EmanP
11-25-07, 11:22
Hey, that's viable then, thanks! It's too bad that LMT doesn't make a mid-length.

Robb Jensen
11-25-07, 11:43
Hey, that's viable then, thanks! It's too bad that LMT doesn't make a mid-length.

The do but presently only with the MRP.

EmanP
11-25-07, 11:58
And if it wasn't for the propriatary barrels, they would be the first choice given the lack of BCM's.