PDA

View Full Version : People with cats...

Belmont31R
11-07-11, 16:51
They should spend a couple days in a hotel and then walk back into their house.

Everytime I go into someones house with cats that stench immediately hits. Nasty disgusting animals. We have no less than 5 cats in our neighborhood people turned into "outdoor" cats because they piss and shit in their houses. Even one neighbor admitted the ****er was pissing in their bed....:lol: Said he would lay down after a days work and get soaked through with cat piss.

ALCOAR
11-07-11, 16:59
WTF.....I have had the absolute pleasure of owning two different cats in my lifetime and both have been nothing short of amazing creatures with perfect hygiene.

My cats are indoor/outdoor mixed breads. My first cat lived to be 23yrs. old, and my current cat is not quite 2 yrs old.

Seriously, I would kill for my cats!

http://i43.tinypic.com/34g0mli.jpg

Belmont31R
11-07-11, 17:03

That explains a lot! :p

DeltaSierra
11-07-11, 17:09
Outdoor/indoor cats are insanely clean, and won't make a mess in the house if they can avoid it.

I will not stand for ANY animal smells in the house, but I'd have a cat in the house anytime.

I gotta go with Trident on this one...

ALCOAR
11-07-11, 17:12
:D....in total seriousness, they have never used the bathroom in the house. I did know this chic down at Auburn that had a couple of indoor cats that made her apartment nasty as hell. She was smoking hot too.

My cats have been far more loyal and loving than the Alaskan Malamute and Golden Retriever I owned in the past. Not to mention much more clean.

Don Robison
11-07-11, 17:21
Our cat is cleaner than our 10 week old puppy her name is Daisy, but we've began calling her Spaz McPigpen. She's the first dog I've ever had that required 5-6 baths a week.:eek:

This was taken about 2 weeks ago after our older dog was teaching her to dig.
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s69/Donr101395/10132011035.jpg

Belmont31R
11-07-11, 17:25
Im not talking about indoor outdoor cats. Apartments with like 2-3 cats in them that never go outside type of cats. The second you walk in you smell it. Especially with male cats who still have their nuts.

Growing up we had cats but they spent a lot of time outside. The usual life span of a cat for us was 2 years. The "tom cats" were actually the best. We had a Persian cat once that the firs time it got left outside it never returned home. Likely eaten as we had mountain lions, bob cats, coyotes, and owls out the wazoo.

Our last cat lasted a good 5 years before my parents sold the place, and I was well into the Army by then. Gave that one away. She also spent a lot of time outside but was smart enough to scratch on the door around dusk so we could let her in. It was a real Darwin situation when it came to cats around our house.

The only thing I have smelled worse was an apartment dweller with an open balcony where he fed wild birds inside his house. He had an entertainment center made out of cinder blocks and wood. In front of his chair he had worn too foot spots clean through the carpet, through the padding, and down to the foundation. The rest of the carpet was covered in various domestic animal and wild bird shit.

Thomas M-4
11-07-11, 17:26

Everytime I go into someones house with cats that stench immediately hits. Nasty disgusting animals. We have no less than 5 cats in our neighborhood people turned into "outdoor" cats because they piss and shit in their houses. Even one neighbor admitted the ****er was pissing in their bed....:lol: Said he would lay down after a days work and get soaked through with cat piss.

Just spent 3 weeks in San Antonio got back to the house yesterday morning no cat piss smell;)
We also change the litter every week don't try to clean it up just dump it out and refill it, I think that makes a big difference.

Cats are just like any creature some are smarter than others. And then there are some that are just complete retards same with dogs.

TriumphRat675
11-07-11, 17:57
No problems with an indoor cat. Great pet. No smell, no messes. Well, other than the time she got mad when I went out of town for four days and crapped in the hamper.

DeltaSierra
11-07-11, 18:02
Im not talking about indoor outdoor cats. Apartments with like 2-3 cats in them that never go outside type of cats. The second you walk in you smell it. Especially with male cats who still have their nuts.

Gotcha....

I've been in places like this....:bad:

Don Robison
11-07-11, 18:07

Growing up we had cats but they spent a lot of time outside. The usual life span of a cat for us was 2 years. The "tom cats" were actually the best. We had a Persian cat once that the firs time it got left outside it never returned home. Likely eaten as we had mountain lions, bob cats, coyotes, and owls out the wazoo.

Our last cat lasted a good 5 years before my parents sold the place, and I was well into the Army by then. Gave that one away. She also spent a lot of time outside but was smart enough to scratch on the door around dusk so we could let her in. It was a real Darwin situation when it came to cats around our house.

The only thing I have smelled worse was an apartment dweller with an open balcony where he fed wild birds inside his house. He had an entertainment center made out of cinder blocks and wood. In front of his chair he had worn too foot spots clean through the carpet, through the padding, and down to the foundation. The rest of the carpet was covered in various domestic animal and wild bird shit.

That sounds more like owners who are pigs than an animal problem.

DJK
11-07-11, 18:11

We have been involved in both dog and cat rescue for many years. We currently have six cats that are strays or ferals from our neighborhood. They are all inside cats now. Our house has no odor. Their boxes are cleaned several times a day and the litter completely replaced monthly. They are like owning a 1911. You have to be willing to do some maintenance to keep them running or in this case purring. :D

SteyrAUG
11-07-11, 18:32
I don't think it is cats as much as it is some cat owners.

LHS
11-07-11, 19:13
It's definitely an owner issue. Like any other animal, cats will foul their homes if not kept clean (or given the opportunity to do so) by their owners. I had a cat as a kid, and we never had animal smells in the house. I had some friends from college who had something like 10 cats in a two-bedroom apartment, and when we helped them move, there was still afterbirth from some kittens in their closet! Disgusting.

armakraut
11-07-11, 19:19
For the longest time I detested cats, but a couple years ago I got converted over to the feline side of the force. They're cool to have around and are to insects what predator drones are to terrorists. Some cat breeds behave just like any dog, they'll follow you around, are happy to see you, always playful, etc. Animal temperament depends on the cat and the owner. Like pitbulls, shitbag owners give them a bad rap. Additionally if kittens are separated from their litter-mates too young and otherwise socialized poorly or not spayed, they can go way off the grid pretty quick.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/301498_2369192596615_1454461506_4614827_1293123341_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283181_2234127540073_1454461506_4471379_673206_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/375850_2516278793678_1454461506_4735012_1978101004_n.jpg

jaxman7
11-07-11, 19:22
I don't think it is cats as much as it is some cat owners.

Exactly, its the owners responsibilty to have them spayed/neutered and ThomasM4 described it in more detail with changing out the litter, not just scooping out the waste. Makes all the difference in getting rid of the typical indoor cat smell. My house doesn't have 'that smell' b/c I regularly swap out the litter.

-Jax

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20111008_155320.jpg

ALCOAR
11-07-11, 19:34
Exactly, its the owners responsibilty to have them spayed/neutered and ThomasM4 described it in more detail with changing out the litter, not just scooping out the waste. Makes all the difference in getting rid of the typical indoor cat smell. My house doesn't have 'that smell' b/c I regularly swap out the litter.

-Jax

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20111008_155320.jpg

:p...my cats love to get inside boxes as well.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/301498_2369192596615_1454461506_4614827_1293123341_n.jpg

That's a badass looking cat:cool:

Belmont31R
11-07-11, 19:36
Now its like a full on cat show in here....:rolleyes::cool:

Don Robison
11-07-11, 19:51
Now its like a full on cat show in here....:rolleyes::cool:

Nahhh; I posted a puppy pic. :D

munch520
11-07-11, 19:55
If I ever got a cat, it'd be one of these badass things

http://www.a1savannahs.com/

Spiffums
11-07-11, 19:58
Our cat is cleaner than our 10 week old puppy her name is Daisy, but we've began calling her Spaz McPigpen. She's the first dog I've ever had that required 5-6 baths a week.:eek:

This was taken about 2 weeks ago after our older dog was teaching her to dig.
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s69/Donr101395/10132011035.jpg

That Daisy is a good student! :D

Quiet-Matt
11-07-11, 20:05
Our cat is an extremely clean animal (except for the occasional hairball), and she's more like a dog than my Dad's dog.:D
Love the cat...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZRddpo_a518/TriL0W4abcI/AAAAAAAAJKQ/3ocEdOBCbSo/s720/DSC02646.JPG?gl=US
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249597_2034567749282_1396856305_32365581_2049972_n.jpg

kwelz
11-07-11, 20:05

I have 4 cats in a 1300 Sq Ft. house and there has only been once where a cat had an accident. He was sick at the time and was trying to get to the litter box.

Nobody coming into my house would even know I have them if not for the fact that they will invariable go tearing through the living room at some point.

Yep same here.

Robb Jensen
11-07-11, 20:08
I love my two gatos. I don't dislike dogs and we always had them when I was growing up. I live in a townhouse if I had a single family house with a decent size backyard I'd have a dog too.

Chuck sleeping on my chest while I nap.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/chuck2.jpg

My older cat Albert.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/albert.jpg

skyugo
11-07-11, 20:15
i have a serious cat allergy... so cats don't really float my boat...
if you want a cat, get a terrier. :D

montanadave
11-07-11, 20:26
Never had kids but over the past thirty years I've had five dogs, six cats, and two wives. The current census lists two dogs and one cat. Oh, yeah, and one wife.

I can't imagine my home without the furry little beasts.

I keep the litter box clean and the house smells just fine. Our current cat came from a rescue shelter where they used wood stove pellets for litter. We opted to continue using the same so there'd be less confusion during the transition. The pellets works quite well (kind of a reverse cleaning process as the pellets disintegrate when wet so you sift the damp powder into the refuse bucket and toss the whole pellets back into the box). And a forty pound sack of pellets is just a little over three bucks--quite a savings over the clumping litter.

Heavy Metal
11-07-11, 20:57
I just came home today to my two cats after being away since Thrusday morning. I noticed nothing. Zip, Zero, NaDa!

It is called keeping the litter box cleaned!

ALCOAR
11-07-11, 21:09
If I ever got a cat, it'd be one of these badass things

http://www.a1savannahs.com/

Yep...I'd LOVE to own a Savannah cat!

Here is a video by those folks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuiKbnA3w0Q&feature=relmfu
See what you did here Belmont...:p

eta....my cat even reads M4C nightly with me

armakraut
11-07-11, 22:04
Savannah's cost some serious coin. I've seen them in person, a real frankenkitty, giant and made of muscle, their tail could choke a rat out.

Ocicats and Egyptian Mau's are a lot more affordable, have no wild blood, and have great personalities. They're solid too, 2-4x stronger than most housecats I've seen. The breeder and I got along pretty good and she offered to let me have one of the Savannah's for the same price. I didn't go for it, man has to know his limitations.

A more affordable giant cat is a Maine Coon, usually double the size of your typical domestic shorthair, playful too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDDMEG06lHQ

ALCOAR
11-07-11, 22:24
Yeah those Maine Coon cats are awesome, I still really like the thought of owning a Savannah one day.

I also really like American shorthairs..specifically the silver tabbys

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3048/2443021708_573c992907_o.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
11-08-11, 04:15
Never had kids but over the past thirty years I've had five dogs, six cats, and two wives. The current census lists two dogs and one cat. Oh, yeah, and one wife.

I can't imagine my home without the furry little beasts.

I keep the litter box clean and the house smells just fine. Our current cat came from a rescue shelter where they used wood stove pellets for litter. We opted to continue using the same so there'd be less confusion during the transition. The pellets works quite well (kind of a reverse cleaning process as the pellets disintegrate when wet so you sift the damp powder into the refuse bucket and toss the whole pellets back into the box). And a forty pound sack of pellets is just a little over three bucks--quite a savings over the clumping litter.

Not referring to the wife, are we?

montanadave
11-08-11, 04:24
Not referring to the wife, are we?

To avoid self-incrimination, I think I'll just let you read that as you will. :laugh:

Littlelebowski
11-08-11, 05:18

There's plenty of cat owners whose animals do not do as you describe. That being said, I just got rid of my cat and am down to one Belgian Malinois and not having a goddamned litter box is a relief.

markm
11-08-11, 11:36
It's those outdoor cats the come up to my house and piss all over everything that made my Male start getting stinky. Snipped the nuts and he's better.

There's one cat that I'm thinking about letting the air out of with a Varmint Grenade and my silencer. :mad: I've watched that shit bag spraying the neighbors' bushes and stuff.

scottryan
11-08-11, 13:27
They are disgusting. They step in their shit and piss filled litter box, then walk all over the kitchen counter top, table, bathroom counter top, etc and track all this disease all over the place where everyone eats or has other hygiene items they put in/on their body (toothbrush, razor, etc).

It is bad enough when they are on the sofa where people sit.

buckshot1220
11-08-11, 14:34
I didn't read every post, but I feel somewhat qualified to share my experience with a cat. I don't hate cats, but I also don't love them. When I first moved some 800 miles away, I lived in a spare room in an apartment with a girl I knew...and her cat. When I first moved in, the smell was pungent. It took me by surprise and when I asked if it always smells like this she said "Well, no and I can't really smell it but I'll change the kitty litter tomorrow." Well that weekend I cleaned the whole damn place, not that it was a wreck, but I wanted every last bit of odor GONE.

In the 3ish months I lived there, I never again noticed the smell and I actually began to like the cat (minus when he would try to get on my bed). I eventually found my own place and when I went back to hang out a few times was when I realized that...it STUNK! Living with a cat, you get used the odor pretty quick. Step away from it for a week or two and it is strong. Having asked several of my friends if it also smelled like that when I lived there, they affirmed.

I don't mean this next part to come across as derogatory, I'm just making a comparison. People that own cats are like potheads, they don't realize that their cats smell, just like potheads don't realize that they smell.

As far as walking in the litter box and then walking on the counter, bed, table etc...yeah, I hear ya on that Scotty.

Never again:bad:

scottryan
11-08-11, 14:41
Every cat I see out out in the field is dead when it comes across me.

Belmont31R
11-08-11, 14:43
That was my point about the smell. Often times people get used to it, and their mind just naturally tunes it out. Then they swear up and down their house doesn't smell because they can't even smell the piss anymore.

scottryan
11-08-11, 14:57
My life is completely pet free as of the summer of 2010 and I couldn't be happier.

My hunting dog died in 2008
I never had a cat
I got rid of my expensive fish tank and bought more guns with the money.
I got rid of all my snakes (had nine at my peak) and their aquariums.

They are a waste of time and money. When I computed all the money I spent on this shit (that I could have bought more guns with) I was disgusted with myself.

I still have almost every gun I bought.

I don't have any pets I bought. All they do is die and take up resources. Then I have to bury my dog and my family is crying and I don't want to deal with that shit ever again, so I didn't get another dog.

kwelz
11-08-11, 15:01
Scotty is there a reason you feel the need to shit on every thread you come across lately.

You have posted 3 times in this thread just to say you hate cats and want to kill them.

warpigM-4
11-08-11, 15:02
I do some commercial Painting and repaint Apartments after people move out the other day I went into one and the Middle bathroom of a 2BR /2bath was where they had the cat litter IN THE TUB:eek: I had to wear a respirator the whole time I was in there.Frakking Gross.I have done many repairs in people Apt that have Cat and it is gross and they don.t even notice .

But the worst so far I went into a APT the other day to replace some sheet rock and it was a small 1BR and the guy had a Huge German shepherd and the smell was really bad .

Poor dog was locked in a cage and it had to lay down just to fit:( sad to see that dog needs a yard to run free in.

I live Next to a Pasture and have a Big wild cat that gets in my attic and almost shot him the other day until i saw a rat in my attic. He doesn't piss or shit up there, so I let him have at it .But the moment I smell it up there he is a goner .I can't get around them they make my eyes red and I start sneezing .

markm
11-08-11, 15:04
For Scottryan:

I'm a stupid cat video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mOAXNl4&feature=player_embedded

PdxMotoxer
11-08-11, 22:54
Scotty is there a reason you feel the need to shit on every thread you come across lately.

You have posted 3 times in this thread just to say you hate cats and want to kill them.

+1

(voicing opinion can be done in a post but posting another just to say you kill every cat you see out in the field just seems TROLLing)

Some have the ability to love things more than they love themselves
and others would rather have the money for guns and things for themselves.

I lost my dog over a year ago and even though I have a puppy I would still give up every gun i own for just a few moments to play with her again!
Or go for a drive in my truck with her having to sit right next to me
the way she did on EVERY trip we took.

The only reason I don't own a cat is the hair all over everything, plus I'm more of a dog person anyway. ;)

TehLlama
11-09-11, 02:55
For Scottryan:

I'm a stupid cat video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mOAXNl4&feature=player_embedded

Most of my platoon can sing that from memory. We've even begun adapting it to our daily lives... great song. Kinda dumb cat.

markm
11-09-11, 07:23
Most of my platoon can sing that from memory. We've even begun adapting it to our daily lives... great song. Kinda dumb cat.

My son was running around singing it. :eek:

I had to have him sub some of the F bombs with a cleaner word. I was waiting for the school to call on that one...

QuietShootr
11-09-11, 09:07
They are disgusting. They step in their shit and piss filled litter box, then walk all over the kitchen counter top, table, bathroom counter top, etc and track all this disease all over the place where everyone eats or has other hygiene items they put in/on their body (toothbrush, razor, etc).

It is bad enough when they are on the sofa where people sit.

This. I have a friend whose cat will not stay the **** off of the kitchen counter. I want to eat something after it's been prepped on a surface that that nasty varmint has walked on after walking in its own piss and shit?

**** cats...nasty ****ing things.

Army Chief
11-09-11, 09:40
It's not that I dislike cats altogether; I've just never really found a good recipe for them. ;)

Tip: if you indicate that you like cats on the Army Flight Aptitude Selection Test personality inventory, it will lower your score. No, I'm not kidding.

AC

montanadave
11-09-11, 10:51
It's not that I dislike cats altogether; I've just never really found a good recipe for them. ;)

Tip: if you indicate that you like cats on the Army Flight Aptitude Selection Test personality inventory, it will lower your score. No, I'm not kidding.

AC

Although I'm probably going to regret providing this information, there is a website devoted to preparing cats. Their tagline? So Many Recipes, So Few Cats!

Given that some of the most rabid cat-haters seem to be from the Southwest, here's a recipe for cat tamales: http://catrecipes.com/recipes/tamales.txt

Disclaimer: By providing this public service information, I in no way approve or condone the consumption of kitty cats. :no:

30 cal slut
11-09-11, 15:25
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-pictures-memecats-lets-get-creative1.jpg

Watrdawg
11-09-11, 16:04
I have 2 indoor cats and 2 dogs. Dogs are indoor/outdoor. Also have an outdoor cat. The litter box is cleaned every other day and the litter completely changed every week. Can't smell the cats at all. Neither indoor cat has peed outside of the litter box, even as kittens. Our cats don't get up on the counters either. A blast in the face with a spray bottle of water when they were kittens and tried to hop up on the counter cured that pretty quickly. Our cats have pretty cool personalities. The outdoor cat is best friends with one of my labs. They wrestle and chase each other all over the yard. The cat is constantly ambushing the dogs. He'll come blasting out of the shrubs and scare the hell out of the dogs. During the winter the cat and his lab buddy sleep in the same dog crate at night.

As others have said it's not a cat problem it sounds like an owner problem.

munch520
11-09-11, 17:04
My son was running around singing it. :eek:

I had to have him sub some of the F bombs with a cleaner word. I was waiting for the school to call on that one...

School talent show coming up? Winner.

Ed L.
11-09-11, 17:42
Scoop out the litter every day and you'll be fine and the house should not smell. It's like people who fail to lubricate ARs properly and then blame the gun.

Nevertheless, I have equipped my NSW cat with a piston just to be safe.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/edagain/NSWcat.jpg

Belmont31R
11-09-11, 17:45
Scoop out the litter every day and you'll be fine and the house should not smell. It's like people who fail to lubricate ARs properly and then blame the gun.

Nevertheless, I have equipped my NSW cat with a piston just to be safe.

Careful giving the kitties weapons. I always have thought if your house was robbed a dog would die to defend you. A cat would watch you get murdered while pondering which part of you they want to eat first. :cool:

munch520
11-09-11, 17:47
:D

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/humor/otherhumor/dog_cat_diary.htm

montanadave
11-09-11, 18:02

:lol:

Yeah, having both in the house, that's pretty hard to deny.

ALCOAR
11-09-11, 18:32

that's some funny shit right there:lol:

the part about the cat weaving in and out between my legs trying to assassinate me....so true!

the part about him bring up headless creatures to strike fear into me...so true!:lol:

DeltaSierra
11-09-11, 18:48
the part about him bring up headless creatures to strike fear into me...so true!:lol:

Had a cat once that brought in a couple wild rabbits one day....

The rabbits were about as big as the cat was, but she dragged them in by herself...

At the time I thought it was cute, but now I realize that the cat was trying to tell me something.... :D

ALCOAR
11-09-11, 18:53
lol...I actually said what the diary said I would...."what a great little hunter":D

Littlelebowski
11-09-11, 20:12
I don't have any pets I bought. All they do is die and take up resources. Then I have to bury my dog and my family is crying and I don't want to deal with that shit ever again, so I didn't get another dog.

My dogs earn their keep. I know what you mean about burying good dogs but there are plenty of good replacements out there. I only own certain breeds and those breeds require a bit of work and a certain personality in the owner but are well worth it.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/IMAG0533.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/fbad8576.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/IMG_0752.jpg

Carrying 400 rnds of 9mm
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/IMG_0707.jpg

Killing a fox that stole his food.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/photo2.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/photo.jpg

Robb Jensen
11-09-11, 20:47
Cats are probably the best hunters in the world as a whole. There are many men who think ALL of them as weak or womens pets. But then again "there are those none so blind as those who refuse to see".....aka those so ****ing dumb they can't see who are the REAL hunters and killers. Some people need to get out of their parents basements a little more often and quit posting on forums......just saying'. Then again the tard(s) that want to kill every cat see need to sit on a couch and talk to a therapist......****ING batshit crazy. Just look up the history of serial klllers. Just about all of them started by killing peoples pets.

ALCOAR
11-09-11, 20:54
Cats are probably the best hunters in the world as a whole. There are many men who think ALL of them as weak or womens pets. But then again "there are those none so blind as those who refuse to see".....aka those so ****ing dumb they can't see who are the REAL hunters and killers. Some people need to get out of their parents basements a little more often and quit posting on forums......just saying'. Then again the tard(s) that want to kill every cat see need to sit on a couch and talk to a therapist......****ING batshit crazy. Just look up the history of serial klllers. Just about all of them started by killing peoples pets.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7042/bravo1.jpg

munch520
11-09-11, 20:59
I don't have any cats currently, as I haven't been out of town long enough for my wife/sister to pick one out :) but the "confined spaces" litter with febreeze virtually eliminated all the smells I used to have.

Belmont31R
11-09-11, 21:00

Yes I think it was on animal planet they had a show which said the house cat was the most prolific killler per pound. A an African lion will kill less per pound than a house cat.

All the more reason not to trust the ****ers.

FWIW we had several cats growing up and my post is not meant to bash all cat owners. Just the ones who's house stinks to high heaven because they can't smell it anymore, and the fact certain cats are better suited to outdoor activities than being cuddle bugs. In fact I started a thread about shooting wild dogs, and think Pit's are ruthless creatures.

Anyways for those cat owners who can keep a clean house good for you but just be aware your domicile may well indeed stink but you are so used to it (in some cases over years and decades) you may not be even capable of smelling it anymore. It does take work to keep a cat household free of stench. :cool:

kwelz
11-09-11, 21:24

Well said good sir.

Cats are one of the few Apex predators in the world. Right up there with Wolves, Mankind, Sharks, and a fairly short list of others.

scottryan
11-09-11, 21:36

You don't mind shit and piss being tracked all over the surfaces you eat food off of?

Thomas M-4
11-09-11, 21:47
You don't mind shit and piss being tracked all over the surfaces you eat food off of?

LOL
I cant tell you how many times I have seen a dog eat its own shit :suicide2:

The cat uses the litter box because its the only place in the house to use it. One that lives out side doesn't do that. BTW never really had a problem with cats on the counter or the table once they know that is not cool.

scottryan
11-09-11, 21:52

This website is devoted to the equipment and science of killing another person, whether you want to admit that or not.

Why do you care about a cat so much? I never advocated killing another ones pet.

Sensei
11-09-11, 21:58

As an emergency physician, I instruct any patient who is bitten by a cat to take its severed head to their local animal control office so that it can be tested for rabies...

montanadave
11-09-11, 22:26
As an emergency physician, I instruct any patient who is bitten by a cat to take its severed head to their local animal control office so that it can be tested for rabies...

I'd suggest the same procedure in the event you are bitten by a child. Take the severed head to a pediatrician and have it tested for autism, ADD, ADHD, croup, measles, chickenpox, mumps, the usual suspects. :jester:

markm
11-10-11, 07:08
What about Mike Tyson's TIGER? Is that gay? :p

Watrdawg
11-10-11, 07:18
Careful giving the kitties weapons. I always have thought if your house was robbed a dog would die to defend you. A cat would watch you get murdered while pondering which part of you they want to eat first. :cool:

Our outdoor cat has been nicknamed the Attack Cat. He won't let anyone on the front porch that he doesn't know. Once he knows you your fine. A couple of months ago my mother came over and the cat was on the front porch growling at her. She said everytime she tried to go around him he would block her and hiss. She had to call us on her cell phone so we could let her in. My mothers a big chicken anyways but the cat has done this before to the UPS guy and Mail lady. He knows them all now so all is fine. I've never seen a cat do this before.

Robb Jensen
11-10-11, 07:19
This website is devoted to the equipment and science of killing another person, whether you want to admit that or not.

Why do you care about a cat so much? I never advocated killing another ones pet.

Actually this is the General Discussion forum where we talk about anything and everything.

You should step away from your computer and go upstairs and get a long hug from your mom. Maybe she'll make you some hot chocolate too while your up there.

Jake'sDad
11-10-11, 10:23
A guy I used to work with had a bumper sticker that said "Cat, The Other White Meat".

One day he was in the parking lot, when one of the civilian workers who was Laotian walked by, looked at the bumper sticker, and said "it's not, you know", and walked off.

QuietShootr
11-10-11, 11:27
Yes I think it was on animal planet they had a show which said the house cat was the most prolific killler per pound. A an African lion will kill less per pound than a house cat.

All the more reason not to trust the ****ers.

FWIW we had several cats growing up and my post is not meant to bash all cat owners. Just the ones who's house stinks to high heaven because they can't smell it anymore, and the fact certain cats are better suited to outdoor activities than being cuddle bugs. In fact I started a thread about shooting wild dogs, and think Pit's are ruthless creatures.

Anyways for those cat owners who can keep a clean house good for you but just be aware your domicile may well indeed stink but you are so used to it (in some cases over years and decades) you may not be even capable of smelling it anymore. It does take work to keep a cat household free of stench. :cool:

That, and keep the ****ers on your own property....I have gotten a handful of cat shit while working in the garden one too many times. If I find kitty in my yard, he either gets a .22 to the brain or a ride in the trap 5 miles out into the country. I don't let my dog come over and shit in your garden.

markm
11-10-11, 11:44
Man!! I used to have the worst problems with cats pissing on my jeep rims when I had a car port house.

I trapped a bunch and released them far away.