PDA

View Full Version : LMT MWS Barrels?

ColdDeadHands
11-08-11, 05:51
Does anybody make a halfway affordable SS barrel the the LMT MWS?

JPB
11-08-11, 11:26
Don't know what halfway affordable is for you, but these guys seem pretty willing to use whatever barrel you've got for their $170 conversion.

https://dbmg-llc.3dcartstores.com/MWS-conversion_p_33.html

ColdDeadHands
11-08-11, 12:25
The $170 and around $300 for a Barrel would make it much more affordable then what LMT is charging. Thanks for the link.

bnanaphone
11-08-11, 12:55
I understand the do good work but you have to sacrifice your existing barrel so they can use the barrel extension on the new barrel.

40Arpent
11-08-11, 15:22
I understand the do good work but you have to sacrifice your existing barrel so they can use the barrel extension on the new barrel.

You send them just a regular AR15 barrel, and they convert it for use in your LMT MRP.

photo2u
11-20-11, 17:29
Let me ask you, what is the application of your rifle. The lmt is ready to be very effective as it came out of the box.

I you need to go longer, like 1k meters, I would go with .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge rifles.

I currently own the lmt in 308 in 16" as it came out of the box the only upgrade for me was to get a vortex from miller. My application is for target up to 400 yards. For longer I use my sig ssg3k in 308 with all the bells whistles.

One of company that I have used to get excellent pipes is ar15barrels. Please let us know which route you go when you modify your rifle.

mstennes
11-20-11, 17:43
Let me ask you, what is the application of your rifle. The lmt is ready to be very effective as it came out of the box.

I you need to go longer, like 1k meters, I would go with .338 Lapua Magnum cartridge rifles.

I currently own the lmt in 308 in 16" as it came out of the box the only upgrade for me was to get a vortex from miller. My application is for target up to 400 yards. For longer I use my sig ssg3k in 308 with all the bells whistles.

One of company that I have used to get excellent pipes is ar15barrels. Please let us know which route you go when you modify your rifle.

Is Randall still doing business? He did a upper for me about ten years ago? Last I heard he wasnt doing barrels anymore.

photo2u
11-20-11, 18:00
Is Randall still doing business? He did a upper for me about ten years ago? Last I heard he wasnt doing barrels anymore.

Truly, I do not know. He is just a great guy and he just happens to be local to me. If you know Randall, I am confident that you have done good research regarding your LMT. Perhaps you can help me out. I have been out of the loop for about a year. My rifle sits with hardly no modifications. I got mine about a year ago when they came out. I am in vacation from work so I am trying to see what other shooters are going with. Are you located in S. Cal? What is going to be your application for your lmt?

George from Claremont

JPB
11-23-11, 13:52
Sorry if cross linking isn't allowed, but this is kinda cool. Fluted Noveske barrel MWS conversion.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_120/920009_WTS_Noveske_21_Fluted_Barrel_Converted_For_MWS_price_drop_600_00_OR_MAKE_AN_OFFER.html

AR15barrels
03-02-12, 17:57

I'm not making barrels anymore.
I am only doing service work, mostly for local people that can walk-in.

mstennes
03-03-12, 09:56
I'm not making barrels anymore.
I am only doing service work, mostly for local people that can walk-in.

Glad to hear your still alive, by the way both uppers, the REECE, and SPR are going strong, I did sell the AR10 you shortend to get anothe MWS though.