PDA

View Full Version : daniel defense quality ?

curt33
11-09-11, 21:44
I know Daniel Defense is known for making a quality AR-15. I looked at one today in a local gun shop and to be honest I was not to impressed. The fit and finish of the upper and lower was fine, but the safety selector was horrible. It would positively engage when it was in safe mode but in fire setting it wouldn't set positively. It would rock back and for approx 1/4 inch. back and fowarth and the trigger pin was unacceptable. I was able to push the pin out with my finger and when I wiggled the trigger side to side, the trigger pin would shift in the receiver. I feel this isnt up to par but wanted second opinion. the trigger pin was my biggest concern?

This was a new Daniel Defense M4 V5 which arrived today. The shop owners notified me via phone when it came in.

pira114
11-09-11, 21:58
"Fit and Finish" means nothing as to quality.

As for the selecter and trigger pin. I've never heard any real issues with DD before. But any manufacturer can screw up. The shop should have sent it back.

BCmJUnKie
11-09-11, 22:02
I run DD LPKs in both of my rifles.

GTG.

They are my favorite hands down from any other LPKs IMO

JSantoro
11-09-11, 22:03
What's unacceptable is that you have a big enough beef that you felt you needed to post the exact same goddamned thread in two separate sections of the forum.

You didn't want a second opinion, you wanted an audience.

Had you read the forum posting rules, you might have noticed that it is policy that you contact the manufacturer with your issues, PRIOR to posting about them, in order to give them an opportunity to make it right.

I suggest that you do so.