PDA

View Full Version : Custom Items/Catalog for LBT

TehLlama
11-09-11, 23:15
I do have the latest PDF catalog I can find, but is there a better way to find out what sort of stuff is actually available from LBT (especially if I'm willing to wait a little bit for it).

I'm primarily interested in the 6094 Slick Gen2 in 330D (Tan or ATACS), and if it will work with the VelocitySystems shooters' cut SA plates and 6x6 sides on the cummerbund, but I'm also looking into a couple added bits of PALS webbing for attachment of packs and chest rigs, and if that's in the realm of possibility.
I will try calling them over the phone once I'm not reliant on VOIP over failweb, but any information will help.

Pax
11-10-11, 10:01
What pack and chest rig are you planning on using and how are you planning on attaching them? Im sure you know, but the Gen2s do feature MOLLE webbing on the back panel. Perhaps not as high up the back as you'd like it, but with the right hardware and a bit of innovation, usable for mounting a pack and chest rig...

Ill try to call them today and see about plate sizing.

TehLlama
11-10-11, 21:38
I figured the plate size was a common one, but maybe not. I know they state sized for ones like the BAE SOLAR hard plates, but I'm not sure of the intricacies between 'swimmers' and 'shooters' cuts.

As far as attachment - Tactical Tailor lightweight removable operator packs, but these won't be dedicated ON. I do have an old MBSS that would fit that bill, but something I could use the ITW side buckles to attach or detach quickly.
For chest rig, probably a Mayflower, or USGG custom or DRG setup that uses the fastex buckle to connect on top right at the bottom of the bib area and hang over the cummerbund portion of the front - either a MOLLE strap or a doubled over loop piece to allow a repair buckle to be installed.

The three areas would be on the chest, and then front and back of the cummerbund - up front as the side attach point for mounting a mini chest rig, and in back as the side buckles on the ROP pack. I think with patience (and my mother in law's sewing machine) I could do some passible modifications by myself, but just getting the original item might take the longest, and if it's already a custom job by virtue of the plates then I might as well go full artard.