PDA

View Full Version : Either or....choice.

Breadstick
11-10-11, 08:30
SInce this is more a general area I'll ask help here.

I'm coming up on enough $$ for me to:

A get an Aimpoint H1, with desired mount

B purchase a M&P.

I do have a "temp" RDS on my rifle now which is a Vortex SPARC. Has not yet given me trouble has held up to some "real" use mainly out on the land. But for a more constant on/durability/ergonomics level would like the Aimpoint.

Or should I get the M&P. With this, it will be a CCW, and will have a good pistol to start getting into IDPA or the like.

I've shot the M&P and really like it, by how well I shot it...it likes me too!

If I get one or the other I'll have to wait another year for savings to build to make another sizable purchase such as this since I only pay cash for things like this.

I'm leaning more for the M&P......:confused:

Belmont31R
11-10-11, 08:39
I would rather have an AR w/ irons and a pistol than an AR with irons and a RDS. If anything happens to your 'one' gun you're SOL.

Maybe consider trying to buy a surplus rifle, too, in addition to either the RDS or pistol. A $100 investment for a long gun in a medium caliber with cheap ammo to boot is not a bad way to get another effective gun in the house. No its not a modern AR but most of these types of guns have been putting people down effectively for decades.

William B.
11-10-11, 19:37
What Belmont said... unless you can figure a way to CC your AR15.

C4IGrant
11-10-11, 19:39
The Sparc is a decent optic so go with the M&P.

C4

TehLlama
11-10-11, 21:01
Another vote for the M&P with magazines and ammo before moving a whole lot onto a carbine.

Brimstone
11-15-11, 19:01
Everyone needs a good carry weapon even if it is just to fight your way back to your AR. Go with the M&P.

sgtjosh
11-15-11, 23:32
The Sparc is a decent optic

C4

After that, they may change the secret handshake and not tell you.

DemonRat
11-15-11, 23:50
I say go with the Aimpoint and send me the Sparcs that way you wont have to worry about the Sparcs any more.

No seriously Go for the M&P that way you have a back-up just in case SHTF.

Outlaw621
12-03-11, 02:07
Go with the M&P. Aimpoint H-1 is a nice red dot but does you no good if you can't carry your AR down Main Street. Keep a close watch on the EE since you occasionally see people selling the Micro red dots fairly cheap so you may end up with the best of both worlds.