PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Contours?

Voodoochild
08-18-06, 18:02
So I am looking around at different barrels and just kind of wondering what barrles I would use for a new build (my 1st). And what are the differences in contours like Medium, Standard, and Light? And what does it mean?

Robb Jensen
08-18-06, 20:38
Here's a few profiles from Randall Rausch at www.ar15barrels.com

http://www.ar15barrels.com/profiles.shtml I'd go lightweight for a first build, everyone should have at least one lightweight bbl. :D

Voodoochild
08-18-06, 21:00
Thanks Robb. I will give it a look I have the RRA you worked on and from wha ti gather it is a heavy barrel. So would like to go with something lighter. by the way you are on my standby list for help when I decide to kick off my build. So be prepared.

Robb Jensen
08-18-06, 21:09
Yours is an HBAR. No problem bro. I'd get a 16" .625" bbl mid length gas if possible. I hear CMMG is supposed to be making one now.

Voodoochild
08-18-06, 21:27
I was thinking of maybe an SBR build. But have to go through all the paperwork and sign offs and such. Or I could set up a trust I hear they work pretty well.

Robb Jensen
08-18-06, 21:44
I was thinking of maybe an SBR build. But have to go through all the paperwork and sign offs and such. Or I could set up a trust I hear they work pretty well.

The Trust route works great. That's how I did my 14.5 SBR, and my 3 AAC cans. I'm waiting on another SBR and my Serbu 870 AOW. They've all taken about 4 weeks the Trust route. The Trust route costed me a grand total of $50 (the cost of Quicken Willmaker 2006, Notary didn't charge).

Voodoochild
08-19-06, 10:23
The Trust route works great. That's how I did my 14.5 SBR, and my 3 AAC cans. I'm waiting on another SBR and my Serbu 870 AOW. They've all taken about 4 weeks the Trust route. The Trust route costed me a grand total of $50 (the cost of Quicken Willmaker 2006, Notary didn't charge).

3 cans, 2 SBR and 1 on the way and another can on the way. Damn I am slacking bad. :D

rob_s
08-19-06, 17:44
I'll second the .625 "pencil" barrel.

I wouldn't bother with the midlength gas system though.