PDA

View Full Version : Range near southern NY that allows movement?

a0cake
11-11-11, 01:22
Just had to move to southern NY. I can't find a range anywhere near me that will allow moving and shooting / rapid fire. All kinds of BS. Bench only, no rapid fire, 5 rounds in the magazine...blah blah blah. Somebody please hook me up with information on a place to do some real training. If you have a private range I will gladly pay for time on it. Looking for any solution here. Thanks.

ICANHITHIMMAN
11-11-11, 05:52
Where do you live exactly I will try and help.

Jon

a0cake
11-11-11, 12:46
Cool, thanks. Sent you a PM.

francobx22
01-14-12, 19:00
I am in the same problem...

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-14-12, 20:25
And were do you live?

francobx22
01-15-12, 00:22
And were do you live?

NYC Area

Punisher1336
02-23-12, 12:58
Im on Long Island and have always done my best shooting on private land Upstate. Other than that I don't know. I have heard of people shooting at "redneck ranges" those are areas on state/forest land, upstate of course, where unofficial ranges have been established. I have heard DEC knows about them but are indifferent to them. I have heard others say that discharging a firearm in a state forest is not illegal, possible the reason for the hands off attitude of some DEC officers. Such a redneck range would make for great move and shoot drills.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-23-12, 16:55
Well if anyone is evern in the Rochester area send me a PM

SMETNA
02-23-12, 17:48
Just had to move to southern NY.

I am SO sorry for your loss. May God bless you with a return to free lands once again someday

rocsteady
05-04-13, 07:33
Well if anyone is evern in the Rochester area send me a PM

If I could trouble you to move Rochester closer to Staten Island please. Thank you so much.

Didn't realize how far north Rochester actually sits.

Anyway, am looking for the same thing as the OP. I'm in Staten Island and expanding my search further and further to find a good range. Can't believe it should be this difficult!!

Mac5.56
05-27-13, 19:48
There are some clubs in the Mid Hudson Valley that allow movement but not many, and everything got super screwed with the passage of SAFE. Most clubs are refusing anything questionable even if you have ten round mags...

There are places to shoot back country though. PM me if you are interested in the names of clubs, or if you need a place to shoot.

dcnyli
09-24-13, 10:18
this is a great question, do you think if we were able to gather enough folks to rent out a location like Calverton for a few hours that they would allow it?

just a shot in the dark there, no pun intended.

newyork
11-16-13, 09:43
LIPSA allows all types of movement and training. Its a private range. Members can take 1 person each visit. To be a member, you have to show up at competitions enough to be asked if you'd like to be a member as they want their range to be a club.

jpmuscle
11-16-13, 18:15
AoCake,

Shoot me a PM as well with where you live. Ill see if I can help any.

rocsteady
01-27-18, 18:25
Anyone here still shooting anything, anywhere even close to NYC?