PDA

View Full Version : Bought a used K-Dot. Reticle issue

BigLarge
11-11-11, 19:54
Bought a "like new" Meopta R1 1-4 KDot with a Larue SPR-E mount. I having trouble getting a perfectly clear reticle picture. Sometime i'm seeing a "double" or even "tripple" picture, just barely off. I've tried adjusting the dioptic correction, which makes it better, but its still not perfect. Sometime's its perfectly clear, and other times it seems just "off." It seems to be worse illuminated.

This is my first optic i've ever bought, so i'm definetley "new." Am I just not adjusting it correctly or what?

bp7178
11-11-11, 20:20
Its more than likely your eyes. Try taking a picture through the optic or have someone else look through it.

If you are seeing a double image, while looking through the tube rotate the scope. If there is a mechanical defect, the image defect will move with the tube. If its your eyes, its stays in the same approximate posistion.

BigLarge
11-12-11, 01:35
Already mounted the scope, but I turned the entire rifle and the imagine i'm seeing does NOT seem to turn with the scope (the double imagine seems to be in the 12 o'clock position 90% of the time.... so I guess this means its my eyes :( I thought my vision was nearly perfect. I dont feel I need glasses... but for arguments sake, would they help?

Thanks for the help, I would've been calling Meopta on Monday and felt a little dumb haha.

bp7178
11-12-11, 08:39
What you're describing sounds like you have a slight uncorrected astigmatism.

Normally your eye should focus light to a perfect sphere on your retina. With astigmatism, this light it focused more like a football. Hence the slight blur that is always in the same direction.

If you do get it corrected, you may find that lights at night, streetlights etc, look much sharper.

BigLarge
11-12-11, 17:27
What you're describing sounds like you have a slight uncorrected astigmatism.

Normally your eye should focus light to a perfect sphere on your retina. With astigmatism, this light it focused more like a football. Hence the slight blur that is always in the same direction.

If you do get it corrected, you may find that lights at night, streetlights etc, look much sharper.

This describes very closely what i'm experiencing, the 2 MOA dot sometimes looks more like a football. I guess my perfect eye sight is no more. :(

I'll get my eyes checked, thanks for the help

bp7178
11-12-11, 18:51
No problem.