PDA

View Full Version : Don't be a Glockidiot.

SW-Shooter
11-14-11, 17:02
If you have a 2nd Gen 10mm and you fit into this category, contact Glock and do not fire it. Talk about tempting fate.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1253136_My_10mm_KaBoom.html

AngeredKabar
11-14-11, 17:54
So he knows something is wrong, refuses to get a replacement, then one day decides he want's to induce a KB and succeeds? How can anyone be surprised this would happen?

Corse
11-14-11, 18:12
That Guy is an idiot.

gun71530
11-14-11, 18:17
Why am I not suprised that a post like that would come from that site...

skyugo
11-14-11, 18:37
That Guy is an idiot.

for science though!

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/the_difference.png

DemonRat
11-14-11, 18:46
So let me get this straight HE knew there was a problem and HE still fired the Glock.:nono:

13MPG
11-14-11, 18:54
I am not sure if Darwin lost or won that round...

QuietShootr
11-14-11, 19:42
God, I love that site.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Avilas are geniuses. There are way more ****ing idiots on this planet than people with basic critical thinking abilities. Clearly it's a better business model to make ****ing idiots feel at home than it is to have a place for critical thinkers to congregate.

Denali
11-14-11, 20:30

Well I am...

ccosby
11-14-11, 20:49
So he knows something is wrong, refuses to get a replacement, then one day decides he want's to induce a KB and succeeds? How can anyone be surprised this would happen?

Yep. He should have sent it back like glock asked when he noticed the bulges.

I do laugh at how many people in that thread asked if it was used when he says he bought it new and say the barrel had to be worked on after multiple posts link to other glocks with simular looking barrels.

xcibes
11-14-11, 21:23
Sorry but it cannot be said enough...MORON!!!!!!!

Brimstone
11-14-11, 21:29
You can't fix stupid.

obucina
11-14-11, 21:35
why do those fools feel the need to post pics of their injuries!?!?!?

ccosby
11-15-11, 01:28
why do those fools feel the need to post pics of their injuries!?!?!?

Its a lesson to others. As long as they are not trying to really push the blame on everyone else(and in this case he isn't) I don't see a problem. Hell it can serve as a good warning. Most who are not gun nuts and many who are don't know the disadvantages of the chamber style glock used on that pistol.

Edit: In this case the warning signs were all there. As soon as I noticed the bulges on the rounds the gun would have been on its way back to the MFG or to a qualified gun smith to fight out what was going on. I have no intention's on testing something that seems unsafe on myself and don't have the tools to do it safe. The OP in that article say the signs and fixed the problem with an aftermarket barrel refusing to send it back. He then decided to test his luck and it bit him. Lucky for him he came out of it fine. Guns can be dangerous tools if you don't respect them.

Atchcraft
11-15-11, 02:15
That's nature's way of culling the herd!

JohnnyC
11-15-11, 04:12
I can understand his reasoning, "hey, someone said bullet setback might cause pressure increases." What I cannot understand is how that could possibly take precedence when the empirical evidence of a bulged case is screaming "QUIT SHOOTING THE ****ER!"

In the interest of tracking down issues I have often overlooked other issues (basic troubleshooting of anything, although never with a firearm) so I can understand the desire to try and narrow down variables. However, with the presence of potentially dangerous circumstances I cannot understand why one would turn a blind eye to the obvious, in an effort to chase down an unproven, potentially unrelated, variable, especially when ignoring said obvious indication could cause damage to life and limb.

Nephrology
11-15-11, 06:29
That's nature's way of culling the herd!

hey man, be nice- that Glock 20 didn't do nothin to nobody!

markm
11-15-11, 07:02
God, I love that site.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Avilas are geniuses. There are way more ****ing idiots on this planet than people with basic critical thinking abilities. Clearly it's a better business model to make ****ing idiots feel at home than it is to have a place for critical thinkers to congregate.

You nailed that one, Big Daddio!!!

They run off the rest of us and cash in on the RETARDS!

eternal24k
11-15-11, 07:04
what a waste

samuse
11-15-11, 07:05
As much as I like to tear shit up, I'd have probably done the same thing.

But if I expected to KB a gun, I'd don some extra PPE.

cbyrd556
11-15-11, 07:22
That's just..... I don't even know what to say.

Moltke
11-15-11, 07:56
Ha. Sucker.

At least his hand was intact so we could all read his epic story.

Animal_Mother556
11-15-11, 08:09
You can't fix stupid.

That Glock did it's best to TRY and fix stupid.

I love all of the Glock bashing in that thread...friggin dumbfuc**, man.

Animal_Mother556
11-15-11, 09:15
The guy on TOS should have done his Youtube homework...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdI_Hy0ZCqk

SWATcop556
11-15-11, 09:55
Yes that guy was an idiot but let's not make this into a forum bashing circle jerk or this one dies quietly.

Moltke
11-15-11, 10:09
So to take this one in another direction,

Do you think that this barrel was messed with after it left the factory or is it possible that it came from the factory like that?

Is the barrel in fact out of spec? Looks like it is to me.

Do you think it would have still happened with a different ammunition? I don't know "double tap" ammo but it seemed from some of their posts that it was known to be loaded hot.

davidjinks
11-15-11, 14:05
One of the long time complaints about Glocks were their unsupported (Lack of support) barrels.

Tak a barrel that has little "6 o'clock" support, feed it hot ammo and you'll have the same issues. Bulged cases (Smiley face) and in some cases a KB.

What this guy did was he purposely induced a KB. Why? I don't know. Maybe to prove what everyone has known for a long time...lack of chamber support???

Glock has redesigned their barrels. Most have a lot more chamber support than they once did.

Lesson of this excersise: If you're dumb and you know you're dumb, don't post about it on the internet. Once you do, you'll then confirm to the world that you are in fact dumb.

Do you think that this barrel was messed with after it left the factory or is it possible that it came from the factory like that?

Do you think it would have still happened with a different ammunition? I don't know "double tap" ammo but it seemed from some of their posts that it was known to be loaded hot.

ccosby
11-15-11, 15:08

If you read the thread over there it links to a few different threads with pictures of other glocks with similar barrels. I think they have pretty much shown it came like that and the OP claimed he got it new. In his case he say a problem and replaced the barrel. For some reason he decided to try the other barrel again.

SilverTongueDevil
11-15-11, 15:09
I could not believe that people were busy bashing Glock.
Instead the dipshit that saw and stated the problem and still chose to shoot it even though it was obviously going to have a major failer.
Some even blamed the AMMO.

DemonRat
11-15-11, 15:16

I think Darwin walked away on that one and didn't want anything to do with it.

Dachs
11-15-11, 16:12
I find it amusing that everyone on here seems taking the "high road" (read: sitting on an ivory tower), bashing this guy as if no one would ever post anything like that here. I bet that if someone posted something like that here people would be thanking him for the heads up.

Also, that guy is an idiot. :cool: It does provide a pretty solid example of what NOT to do.

edit: Just saw SWATcops post. feel free to edit/delete this post as needed.

TacMedic556
11-15-11, 17:12
Some people couldn't poor piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel.

Moltke
11-15-11, 17:14
If you read the thread over there it links to a few different threads with pictures of other glocks with similar barrels. I think they have pretty much shown it came like that and the OP claimed he got it new. In his case he say a problem and replaced the barrel. For some reason he decided to try the other barrel again.

I glanced through it but I try not to read too much arfcom.

warpigM-4
11-15-11, 17:15
when I had my Glock 30 I had heard of the 45s Kabooming because Glock didn't make the chambers strong enough :confused:I shot many rounds through mine before I had read this .
But My Serial Number was in the clear it was the earlier models supposedly .

I never had any trouble with Mine even with +p rounds ,But I moved on to a HK 45 and never looked back.
I just didn't like the way the Glock fit in my hand ,I won't Bash on Glock they make some good guns.
But any company can have a problem from time to time and they addressed it .
But unfortunately the guy didn't get it fixed, He is lucky it didn't blow his hand apart .

I don't get the Guys blaming the Ammo when Glock did the recall:confused: