PDA

View Full Version : HK USP 40 Trigger

GreenMtn675
11-14-11, 17:49
Hello all,

I have the opportunity to purchase one of our PD's old duty weapons. It is a HK USP 40 cal Dboule Action Only with a 12 lb trigger pull. The price is $200. It has been a good gun but the trigger is absoluetly horrible. I do not know the varient of the gun, but it does not have the safety.

Is there anyway to replace or adjust the trigger in this pistol so it is more user friendly?

Thanks for the help.

Corse
11-14-11, 18:14
hkparts.net should have all the parts you need.

F-Trooper05
11-14-11, 19:46
Unlike the P30, USP's can be converted to any variant you want. I would look into an LEM kit for a much lighter trigger, and much shorter reset.

GreenMtn675
11-14-11, 20:13
Thanks guys. Any experience installing the trigger kit?

Corse
11-14-11, 21:33
Haven't done it on a USP, but I put an LEM in my P30. It wasn't too difficult but it did take some time and patience.

F-Trooper05
11-14-11, 21:35
Thanks guys. Any experience installing the trigger kit?

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/63079-lem-installation-instructions.html

Sensei
11-15-11, 00:53
Disclaimer - I'm not the most tool savvy guy, but I can handle APEX DCAEK installs in under 1 hour. I tried this conversion using the instructions and a YouTube video a couple of years ago. It was hard and took a couple of days due to frequent sanity breaks. I would have been much better served by paying the $100 to have an armorer do the install.

kmrtnsn
11-15-11, 09:39
OP, DAO or LEM? Are you just dry firing a LEM, without pre-cocking/staging the system; without racking the slide first? If so try that. The LEM trigger pull, when staged for duty carry should not feel anything like 12 lbs.

GreenMtn675
11-15-11, 16:26
OP, DAO or LEM? Are you just dry firing a LEM, without pre-cocking/staging the system; without racking the slide first? If so try that. The LEM trigger pull, when staged for duty carry should not feel anything like 12 lbs.

This is they way they had the guns originally set up. They were horrible to shoot. Our Firearms instructors are the ones who would throw out the 12 lb trigger pull. I thought it was extreme but the trigger was very hard and very long with no reset. It is definately not the LEM trigger set up. The pistols are from the mid to late 90's.