PDA

View Full Version : Son deploying with USMC **** *******

Bill Bryant
11-14-11, 21:12
My son deploys ******* with USMC ******* to ******. From there he will be sent on ****** missions wherever threat levels are high in the ******. The ******** this spring was a recent ***** assignment. I would appreciate prayers and well wishes for both son and dad. The last thing he told me was to expect communication blackouts of up to 100 days and that some of his missions would be classified so he wouldn't be able to tell me where he is. So, prayers for his safety and success and for my sanity! Thanks!

SeriousStudent
11-14-11, 21:20
Prayers sent. Please express our thanks and appreciation for keeping our nation safe.

arizonaranchman
11-14-11, 21:41
Blessings and prayers to both him and yourself. Give him my thanks for his service...

chadbag
11-14-11, 22:03
Done.

And good luck and God speed to him.

And good luck to you too, dad.

--

Ak44
11-14-11, 22:19
Bill standby for a PM

Bill Bryant
11-15-11, 04:54
Could one of you with OPSEC knowledge let me know what is and isn't OK to post on a public forum? Maybe a link to good info? Thanks!

Treehopr
11-15-11, 06:39
Bill- generally speaking you should leave out deployment locations, times of deployment, missions, duration and unit of assignment.

Previous deployments may also fall under this umbrella.

Good luck to you and your son- please pass along my thanks for his service and best wishes for a safe return.

C45P312
11-15-11, 07:00
I run the weapons range where 1st and 3rd FAST are located in Norfolk on Camp Allen. Best wishes to your son.

lethal dose
11-15-11, 07:05
Godspeed, Devil Dog. Prayers of safety for said Marine and involved family.

Bill Bryant
11-15-11, 07:36
I run the weapons range where 1st and 3rd FAST are located in Norfolk on Camp Allen. Best wishes to your son.PM inbound

QuietShootr
11-15-11, 07:41
Bill- generally speaking you should leave out deployment locations, times of deployment, missions, duration and unit of assignment.

Previous deployments may also fall under this umbrella.

Good luck to you and your son- please pass along my thanks for his service and best wishes for a safe return.

Not to mention, since you signed onto this site with your real name, now someone has

The name of a Marine in that unit you described
Where he's going
When he's going to be there.

Use a screen name on the net. It isn't foolproof, particularly if you provide other breadcrumbs that someone can follow, but using your real name on anything but business-related things is just crazy. It took me about three seconds to find your phone number and address.

Bill Bryant
11-15-11, 07:52
OP edited for OPSEC. Please look over any other posts on this thread that need editing and help keep things secure. Thanks for the advice. I'm new to all this.

usmcvet
11-15-11, 09:00
Bill

Your Marine and entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. Know that his training and leadership are among the best in the Entire World!

Semper Fi.

Iraqgunz
11-15-11, 17:37
I spent a year at the location where he is headed. Obviously there was no political unrest going on at the time like now.

During my time there the said unit did deploy to Saudi Arabia after an incident there. Overall it's not a bad place and my guess is with the current situation there time downtown will be limited.

Overall I am sure that he will be well taken care of.

rickp
11-15-11, 18:55
God Speed to your son. He'll be back before you know it.

R.

40Arpent
11-16-11, 09:00
Godspeed Bill, and much gratitude to your son for his service.

Bill Bryant
11-16-11, 09:39
Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I can't convey them to my boy at this point but I'm sure he would be grateful.