PDA

View Full Version : SOG Seal Pup

PacoM4
11-26-07, 08:11
Anyone use this knife? Let me know what you think of it. I'm thinking about buying one.

Failure2Stop
11-26-07, 10:04
Pretty good, very handy. Tip is a little prone to snapping. Good value.

ddemis
11-26-07, 13:29
The seal pup is a good knife,I owned one years ago and the tip broke off after several years of rough use. You would be better buying a Cold steel recon scout. Much stronger steel with a nice kraton handle and black baked on finish.And they make a larger model called the trail master, both will give you years of service and hold a sharp edge even with constant use.

Abraxas
12-01-07, 09:57
I had one of these for years until my corpsman in OIF2 cried that he did not have a knife, and since I always had 5 on me could I please sell him one. It was the one that I was least attached to so .........But they are a great knife, and unlike other good knives they are not retarded expensive.

NCPatrolAR
12-01-07, 13:12
Good over-all knife for general use. I kept one strapped to my ruck for years while on active duty. Never a problem out of mine.

fabulous45s
01-31-08, 21:21
Not a bad knife at all. The tip is a little on the delicate side, but overall a good blade. What I do not like is the new HUGE cordura sheath. I preferred the earlier plastic one with the notch cut out for cutting cordage and such while still sheathed, although I and everyone I know put 100mph tape over that notch.

A62Rambler
02-02-08, 19:31
I bought one at the PX. My last unit was such a REMF unit they wouldn't allow us to carry knives in the field so I never got to use it. It has been my hunting knife for the last 5 years and served that purpose well. The vast majority of my knives are either SOG or KaBar. I have quite a few of each. ;) Before buying one call SOG and see if they have any factory seconds. Prices are good and the seconds are fully functional with only cosmetic blemishes or were display items.

fabulous45s
03-01-08, 18:52
I think I have a couple laying around to use as trading fodder.

Iamarms
03-11-08, 17:38
I have had a sealpup, but the revolver was my choice to carry. It allows me the fixed blade or a saw in the event I need to cut a limb or two.