PDA

View Full Version : Doc - any thoughts regarding the CorBon DPX .223 62 gr ?

sullafelix
11-15-11, 09:56
On the basic specs this would seem to be an excellent load with the Barnes TSX bullet and very good ballistics according to the CorBon data sheet. But I've not seen it in your recommended BB loads or any reports of terminal effects.

DocGKR
11-15-11, 13:10
The 5.56 mm BH 50 gr TSX has optimal penetration characteristics for LE and personal defense purposes.

The 5.56 mm 70 gr TSX has optimal long range external ballistic performance for OCONUS combat use and good terminal penetration characteristics for CONUS hunting on medium and larger game.

The 62 gr bullet is a fine projectile, but its performance falls in between the ones noted above and is not optimal for either use.

infidelprodigy
11-15-11, 15:27
I may be slightly biased, but I've carried this load before I started working for them.

I like it's performance as well as I can zero with it and M855 impacts the same drop wise. Easy plug and play for guys shooting M855 for practice.

I use it in my 10.5" and 16" rifles.

DrJSW
11-19-11, 11:35
I've tended to stick more to 62-65 gr loads for my primary/duty AR, for the "plug-and-play" reasons you allude to. I'd like to have a better bullet than the 64gr Win PP for occasional/opportunistic use on quadrupeds without having to change my zero, so this Corbon load might be the ticket for that niche.