PDA

View Full Version : SF G2 Carry Pouch

toddackerman
11-26-07, 18:03
Decided to post this here instead of in the "Tactical Gear" section because it is relevant to Flashlights. This is just an FYI regarding an option for carrying flashlights on Tactical Gear...

After looking for a G2 flashlight carrier for my Eagle M4 Chest Rig, I decided to try it in one of the Double Eagle M9 MOLLE pouch compartments, and it works great with my G2 with the tail cap down. Note:....If you put it in with the tail cap up, I think there might be a chance that you would unknowingly, and undesirably activate the light. At least that is what happened when I cinched the top strap down on the light with the tail cap up. With it down, you can cinch the Velcro strap securely down on the light without activation.

I have seen some of the Kydex methods from the great folks at Blade Tech, but decided that I wanted something more supple, and comfortable when going prone on my chest. I also didn't want the flashlight exposed to possible loss, accidental activation, or "Grunge" associated with an "open top" system.

I just ordered a single Eagle M9 pouch to mount on the right side of my chest rig.

Hope this helps if your looking for Flashlight carry options.