PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dept proposal to end hunting/shooting on public land...

Belmont31R
11-16-11, 09:31
Gun owners who have historically been able to use public lands for target practice would be barred from potentially millions of acres under new rules drafted by the Interior Department, the first major move by the Obama administration to impose limits on firearms.

Officials say the administration is concerned about the potential clash between gun owners and encroaching urban populations who like to use same land for hiking and dog walking.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/11/16/obama-pushing-shooters-off-public-lands

Cincinnatus
11-16-11, 09:33
. . . to shooters.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/11/16/obama-pushing-shooters-off-public-lands

And here we see another of the administration's "Under the Radar" gun control efforts.

chadbag
11-16-11, 10:32

You beat me to it. We'll see how well this flies here in the West. You'd think he'd at least try and wait until after the election.

crusader377
11-16-11, 10:47
I'm so tired of this shit by the Obama administration. They are doing anything possible to restrict the rights of gun owners and are still trying for some sort of ban. First, this administration actively arms criminals (Operation FF) in order to attempt to put restrictions on legal gun ownership and since that failed they are attempting to limit where people can use their firearms.

Littlelebowski
11-16-11, 10:49
It would be nice if shooters policed their own and stopped leaving trash out on ranges. Gives folks less ammo to use against us.

JSantoro
11-16-11, 10:52
Merged threads.

montanadave
11-16-11, 10:55
I'm guessing it won't get very far. Montanans were quick to turn on our own Denny Rehberg (R-MT) when he co-sponsored a House bill (H.R. 1505) giving Homeland Security agents essentially carte-blanche to operate on any public lands within 100 miles of the border.

There's plenty of politics involved, as Rehberg is challenging Jon Tester (D-MT) for his Senate seat next year, but a lot of Montana sportsman's groups, land conservationists, and environmental groups have banded together to fight this bill, which they are characterizing as a federal "land grab" giving Homeland Security the authority to control access to millions of acres of public lands.

Folks out west don't cotton to Washington ****ing around with public land access and imposing restrictions on public activity, as most western states have a shitload of federal and state lands which are used by a wide spectrum of people for hunting, fishing, recreation, grazing, you name it.

Littlelebowski
11-16-11, 10:58
Folks out west don't cotton to Washington ****ing around with public land access and imposing restrictions on public activity, as most western states have a shitload of federal and state lands which are used by a wide spectrum of people for hunting, fishing, recreation, grazing, you name it.

Precisely. Hell, Wyoming's last Democrat Governor publicly stated he wanted to shoot a wolf. The West is different and in a good way.

Doc Safari
11-16-11, 11:03
I happened across this thread shortly after reading the following article:

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2011/11/14/u-s-sheriffs-rise-up-against-federal-government-sheriff-threatens-feds-with-swat-team/

It seems to deal more with Federal land grabs than public lands, but it sounds like people are starting to wake up to this type of horseshit and aren't just taking it on the chin anymore.

Littlelebowski
11-16-11, 11:10

http://politicalvelcraft.org/2011/11/14/u-s-sheriffs-rise-up-against-federal-government-sheriff-threatens-feds-with-swat-team/

It seems to deal more with Federal land grabs than public lands, but it sounds like people are starting to wake up to this type of horseshit and aren't just taking it on the chin anymore.

Good reading, thanks.

Eurodriver
11-16-11, 11:38
I'm guessing it won't get very far. Montanans were quick to turn on our own Denny Rehberg (R-MT) when he co-sponsored a House bill (H.R. 1505) giving Homeland Security agents essentially carte-blanche to operate on any public lands within 100 miles of the border.

There's plenty of politics involved, as Rehberg is challenging Jon Tester (D-MT) for his Senate seat next year, but a lot of Montana sportsman's groups, land conservationists, and environmental groups have banded together to fight this bill, which they are characterizing as a federal "land grab" giving Homeland Security the authority to control access to millions of acres of public lands.

I love the way you guys think, and I really enjoy the west.

However, last election my state alone contributed more to Obama's electoral college vote than what Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Both Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma gave to McCain combined.

Sadly, the west just doesn't matter to Washington.

Belmont31R
11-16-11, 11:44
I love the way you guys think, and I really enjoy the west.

However, last election my state alone contributed more to Obama's electoral college vote than what Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Both Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma gave to McCain combined.

Thats why the Senate should still be elected by the state legislatures not popular vote, and why Congress should not be giving broad regulatory power to Executive branch departments. An out of control Executive can do a lot of harm because Congress passed the authority out of their hands. Then it takes decades to reverse the damage if ever.

This is what democracy is...mob rule running over the minority and telling them how to live....which is why the left always calls for democracy not a republic. They get 51% of the votes, and tell the other 49% how to conduct themselves. :rolleyes:

Cincinnatus
11-16-11, 11:46
Amen to Belmont's last post!
The Senate being popularly elected takes any control or check over Federal action away from the States.

Irish
11-16-11, 13:23

Great article with links to other good reads. Thanks!

glockeyed
11-16-11, 13:36
can we ban politicians from public land? seems like it would solve a ton of problems.:suicide2:

Irish
11-17-11, 10:44
Apparently they're backtracking now... http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/11/17/shooters-heard-interior-will-not-ban-target-practice

Cincinnatus
11-17-11, 11:37
Apparently they're backtracking now... http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/11/17/shooters-heard-interior-will-not-ban-target-practice

Just because they got caught--or rather, people noticed and raised hell. They try these type of things to see if they can slip them in with little notice at a time when people are distracted and further erode the pedestal of liberty.
Eternal vigilance alone can stop this crap now that most checks and balances are either removed or bypassed, and government has overflowed the limiting banks of the Constitution.
While we should be relieved this particular attempt is pushed back, the very fact that they think they CAN do this type of thing is harrowing to the bone.

Irish
11-17-11, 12:05
Roger dodger, loud and clear. I am no fan of politicians.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-17-11, 12:15
Its small bills like this one that will be our undoing. Bills like the 94 AWB wont ever pass again (unless a huge falseflag attack happens), but rather the libs will attempt to slowly erode our constitutional foundations.

Mo_Zam_Beek
11-17-11, 21:51

Maybe not, but when you lock the folks out West out of their own land - and it constitutes a substantial portion of the land mass in the state (read - non taxable), the good folks of the West will likely band together and force the rest of the Country to pay them for their desire to 'preserve' it.

Good luck