PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Chrony help?

emfour
11-26-07, 21:33
Hi guys,

About a year ago, due to a trick of the light and too much caffeine, I managed to shoot my Chrony F1. The bullet just skimmed the top of the chassis and managed to destroy a resistor and a few traces on the PCB. I know that this is repairable, and I emailed the nice fellows at ShootingChrony.com asking if they could tell me the value of the resistor I destroyed, etc. To my amazement, no reply. So, I'm wondering if there is anyone on this forum who is skilled and brave enough to open up their Chrony and take a photo of the top-center area of the PCB? It would be a great help, but for crying out loud don't even think about it if you don't feel comfortable opening electronic stuff! I certainly don't want anyone to break their equipment.

Thanks

emfour

Kurt Reifert
11-27-07, 07:20
Never rely on emails to get service.
Call and speak to a human.
Many emails sent to large companies never get read.

emfour
11-28-07, 12:44
Good advice.

I called them today and they said that the F1 is too old and they don't have any information on it. I highly doubt that they couldn't give me the value of the resistor due to "not having it", but more due to not wanting to take a few minutes and dig up the info. I would be very surprised if 'engineering samples' were not kept for posterity in a company such as this.

Oh well, I bought another one and I guess I now have two spare sky screens! :D

emfour