PDA

View Full Version : AAC 300 Blackout Uppers - Quality Question

gabuzz12
11-17-11, 10:22
I am considering purchasing one of the AAC 300 Blackout Uppers, but I am unsure about the quality of their uppers. I know their suppressors and muzzle brakes are top notch, but I haven't seen any reviews of their uppers. Could someone compare their quality to other manufacturers. I wanted to wait until kac started releasing their version, but I am wondering if I should wait given the fact they come with the newest kac urx rail. All thoughts would be appreciated.

C4IGrant
11-17-11, 10:25
I am considering purchasing one of the AAC 300 Blackout Uppers, but I am unsure about the quality of their uppers. I know their suppressors and muzzle brakes are top notch, but I haven't seen any reviews of their uppers. Could someone compare their quality to other manufacturers. I wanted to wait until kac started releasing their version, but I am wondering if I should wait given the fact they come with the newest kac urx rail. All thoughts would be appreciated.

Are you talking about just the upper receiver? The one I have has a ciero forging mark. So at least that part is good. Who machined it or where they got it from, I do not know.

C4

gabuzz12
11-17-11, 12:16
My question really is centered around the quality of the barrel and receiver. If anyone knows what technical differences there are between manufacturers such as Noveske or kac and the AAC product, I would love to know.

E-man930
11-18-11, 18:59
Are you talking about the Honey Badger uppers or just .300BLK uppers assembled by AAC from sourced parts? :dirol:

gabuzz12
11-19-11, 06:54
I am referring to the "assembled" uppers by AAC. That's assuming they don't make the majority of the parts in house.

BSHNT2015
11-19-11, 09:21
I've been shooting an AAC 16 inch 300 blackout upper complete with an AAC BCG, the bbl has a 18T blackout flash hider, KAC rail with folding F/S and standard C/H. Overall the fit, finish and workmanship is top notch and nicely done. For range work and shooting w/o a suppressor, I have put down 100 rds of 220 gr Remington ammo, I like the preceived soft push of the rd and mild noise level of the rd. I've even fired some rds without hearing protection to gage the sound level.

I used the AAC 300 blackout for a hunting trip and I was able to get a game 75 yards out with a 110 gr V max rd. The rd did it's job and dropped the game in it's track.

I don't think you have to worry to much about AAC quality or performance.

rsilvers
11-19-11, 11:47
These uppers were designed for the military. We just also put them into regular production.

Eurodriver
11-19-11, 13:02
where are you guys finding 300 AAC Blk uppers in stock?

TheLefty
11-19-11, 13:31
where are you guys finding 300 AAC Blk uppers in stock?

I'm sure there are other places, but here's one option:

http://shop.bullseyeindoorrange.com/300-AAC-Blackout-Uppers-Guns_c55.htm

I still haven't jumped on the 300 Blk bandwagon, I'm waiting to see how the upcoming projectiles fare, but it's growing ever more tempting.

rsilvers
11-19-11, 13:45
The Barnes projos are good - the testing has been done. The 100 yard expansion from the 9 inch barrel was identical to the expansion at the muzzle.

LHS
11-19-11, 19:22
The AAC website mentions the barrels come with a lo-pro gas block and mounting screws. Are the gas blocks on the complete uppers screwed or pinned?

RyanB
11-19-11, 20:48
Screwed on.

shadow65
11-23-11, 22:30
Delete. Wrong thread