PDA

View Full Version : Quality Cobra Riggers belt without a wait

NeoNeanderthal
11-17-11, 13:40
I'm looking for a really nice Cobra riggers belt but all the ones i've seen mentioned (Jones, Ares ext) have got a decent wait time. Are there any good ones that I can just order right away? I've been looking at the Vtac cobra and it is a nice looking belt but is the quality on par with some of the better belts? The prices are all similar so theres no way i will settle for an inferior belt. Are they kinda like custom kydex? You just gotta bite the bullet and wait?

ssracer
11-17-11, 14:02
LaRue tactical has the Ares Ranger Belt...doesn't say they are out of stock on it

www.laruetactical.com/ranger-belt-ares-gear

Nevermind, different belt, my bad

OldGreg
11-17-11, 15:07
Send First Spear an email about their Assaulters Gun Belt, ask if there is a wait.

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17526&cat=&page=1

NeoNeanderthal
11-17-11, 18:11
Is the Vtac belt good to go? Or is it not as good as the ones mentioned.

Pax
11-17-11, 18:43
The VTAC has a fine reputation, no reports of explosions that I am aware of.

215 Gear's Ultimate Rigger's Belt features a similar wait (or lack thereof) without the longevity issues associated with V/D rings, (as compared to rappelling harness-style webbing loops). I've owned one of their URB's for about two and a half years and I have no issues to report. Supports weapon/mags well, adjustable, extremely durable regardless of how much you use it as an anchor point.

Kfgk14
11-17-11, 20:57
215 URB rocks the house.

Smash
11-17-11, 21:18
High speed gear inc. HSGI out of NC makes them, not as stiff as the ares. I have one I wear with my marpats day to day. Great belt, sturdy, again just not as stiff as my Ares.

snakedoctor
11-17-11, 21:22
the VTAC Cobra belt is Good to Go.

Adam_s
11-18-11, 07:46
If you WANT an Ares, drop them an email, and see what their wait actually is. It's published at 4 weeks, but I think they are running a LOT faster.

If there is something you want, don't compromise and get something that's expedient. Otherwise, you may just wind up getting the original thing later on. Another part of the whole, "Buy once, cry once," thing.

obucina
11-18-11, 09:49
Gun Gallery in Jax, FL has ranger belts in stock.

RCSMichael
11-18-11, 11:06
I'm looking for a really nice Cobra riggers belt but all the ones i've seen mentioned (Jones, Ares ext) have got a decent wait time. Are there any good ones that I can just order right away? I've been looking at the Vtac cobra and it is a nice looking belt but is the quality on par with some of the better belts? The prices are all similar so theres no way i will settle for an inferior belt. Are they kinda like custom kydex? You just gotta bite the bullet and wait?

NeoNeanderthal:

Are you specifically looking for a RIGGER'S belt? Or are you seeking a scuba webbing belt with Cobra buckle? I only ask because many people reference "Cobra riggers belts" when they really are looking for the Ares Gear Ranger belt (which is NOT a rigger's belt).

If you are seeking the Ares Gear Ranger belt, there are several Ares Gear dealers that have product in stock presently and could ship immediately.

If you are seeking a true rigger's belt with Cobra buckle, you could order from Ares Gear directly and have it fairly quickly. As others have already mentioned, the quoted lead time is four weeks, but most people are receiving their orders in significantly shorter times.

readyme
11-18-11, 14:39
Contact Kary at Endeavor Stitch Works. He makes great belts, and he will work with you to make exactly what you are looking for. Great guy to work with.

Mikey
11-18-11, 15:51
SOE.

John is great to deal with.

nobody knows
11-18-11, 15:53
I think EMDOM makes a belt like the one your looking for. I don't have one but all the other gear I have that they make is high quality, and they ships have them in stock. Check the website and see if that's what your looking for.

jgcl05@yahoo.com
11-18-11, 18:34
SOE.

John is great to deal with.

I second that! John at Original SOE Gear (http://www.originalsoegear.com/cobrabelt.html) has outstanding products and he almost always has Cobra Riggers belts in stock. I just ordered one in Coyote on Veteran's Day weekend and it made it here in under a week. You won't be disappointed!

ArRazorback
11-18-11, 18:35
Contact Kary at Endeavor Stitch Works. He makes great belts, and he will work with you to make exactly what you are looking for. Great guy to work with.

I seem to remember Kary turning mine out in about nine days back in March. Excellent quality and service, and not much of a wait considering some internet retailers might take three days just to process your order before pulling something off of a shelf.

misanthropist
11-18-11, 18:44
I also have one of Kary's belts...I wear it all day, every day and have for about a year now.

Although last I heard he might have been injured and wasn't taking new orders. Still, worth looking in to. Top notch belt, prices very reasonable.

ArmaGlock
11-20-11, 12:40
I second that! John at Original SOE Gear (http://www.originalsoegear.com/cobrabelt.html) has outstanding products and he almost always has Cobra Riggers belts in stock. I just ordered one in Coyote on Veteran's Day weekend and it made it here in under a week. You won't be disappointed!

I guess he's changed his ways. About two years ago it took me about a year to get a standard riggers belt from him with no communication in between, and by that I mean NUMEROUS ignored emails...Like I said, I hope he changed his ways. The belt is great but I will never deal with him again.

lifebreath
11-20-11, 13:13
Kary's belts are top notch and he's a great guy. I've got a cobra belt and a vring belt. Very nicely made and nice looking.

ra2bach
11-21-11, 11:59
I'd recommend Jones Tactical http://www.jonestactical.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2

he's a one-man shop and pretty busy but he showed several styles at the last class I attended with him and keeps several in stock, depending on style and size. a call or email will let you know and you can discuss your needs.

Mikey
11-21-11, 12:49
I guess he's changed his ways. About two years ago it took me about a year to get a standard riggers belt from him with no communication in between, and by that I mean NUMEROUS ignored emails...Like I said, I hope he changed his ways. The belt is great but I will never deal with him again.

He's made drastic improvements in the last 8 months that have improved both production capacity and communication.

Mike

d90king
11-21-11, 13:06
I use a Ares Ranger for everyday carry but use a VTAC Cobra for classes with the Brokos and it's great. Great price point and a nice belt that could easily be used in a number of different ways.