PDA

View Full Version : Glock triggers

graffex
11-27-07, 12:06
What trigger set-ups do you guys like to run in your defensive Glocks? I've always kept the stock trigger components in my G17. I hear of people changing it around but I was wondering how appropriate that is on a defensive pistol. I hear a lot of people say they like to run the NY1-3.5 connector combo. I though the NY1 trigger made the trigger heavy as hell. I don't really know much about Glock triggers and the various combinations I was hoping someone could educate me.

markm
11-27-07, 12:40
Standard trigger for me. I've never had a problem with it.

Renegade
11-27-07, 12:47
Nothing wrong with the factory trigger for CC.

wahoo95
11-27-07, 13:13
CCW G27 & 23 - Smooth Faced trigger with .25 Trigger Job..........works for me.
Range...G24 - Smooth Faced Trigger w/3.5lb Connector, Titanium Striker & FP Safety
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/ODGlock1.jpg

Akoni
11-27-07, 13:39
3.5 lb connector and NY-1 "olive" spring. I have found this combo to be the best. It has a better reset, slightly "crisper" break and a slightly stiffer take-up portion. The "olive" spring makes for about an 8 lb break if you use the stock connector. With the 3.5 connector, the trigger is better everywhere but with the slightly stiffer take up, which I find desirable in a defensive pistol.

Sidewinder6
11-27-07, 15:00
Im running a drop in kit from Glockworx on a 34. Ive run it hard and put it away wet and it has spoiled me. They compete with Vanek. Ive been very happy with mine.

Shihan
11-27-07, 15:34
I use a 3.5lb connector in mine.

Lawdog537
11-27-07, 16:02
Funny, I just posted this earlier today in the Vickers mag release post. I have started running the NY-1 spring and the 3.5 round connector and love it for the reasons mentioned in Akoni's post above. I am a Glock certified armorer and always knew better than to do home gunsmithing. that being said, I used to Dremel polish the trigger bar parts and the connectors, and replace the standard 5 lb with the 3.5 in my guns. This worked great in my Glock 35 for IDPA matches and gave a very smooth light trigger pull. then one day my trigger locked up and would not "break". Thank god it was on my match gun and not the duty gun. Lession learned.

I now just install the NY-1 and 3.5 connector and leave it alone. for more good tips, read USMC03's posing about Glocks on other forums.....very good advice.

cathellsk
11-27-07, 17:03
I've tried every combo using factory Glock parts except the 8lb. connector. I liked the NY1/3.5lb combo but always went back to the standard setup. Main reason I'd like to try the above combo is the slightly lighter pull over the NY1 by itself plus the elimination of any possible broken trigger springs.

Beat Trash
11-27-07, 19:44
I just use the standard 5.5lb setup. Works well for me.

I own a G34 with the factory installed 3.5 lb disconnecter. I can''t say I'm any faster with it than with my newest G17. I bought this G 17 to celebrate the end of the crime bill. It has a 5.5 lb connector, but it's the smoothest Glock trigger I have come across from the factory.

The only thing I change on the Glocks I use for defense is the sights, unless I get Trijicons installed at the factory. Then I just oil it up and shoot it.

Cypselus
11-29-07, 17:15
The only change I've made is to substitute a smooth trigger for the serrated one. Otherwise, my Glock 19 is standard, with the 5 lb connector and (fragile) coil spring in tension.

Heavy Metal
11-29-07, 18:31
Anybdy here have an opinion on the rocket connectors?

variablebinary
11-29-07, 19:10
I run mine stock. I still think its one of the best out the box triggers around in terms of ease of use, safety, and speed for CCW and all around defense. Not bad sporting triggers either considering factory glocks do very well as race guns

ST911
11-29-07, 19:13
Standard 5# coil configuration and NY1/3.5# combo, various guns.

OEM components only.

M4arc
11-29-07, 19:14
I ordered the 3.5 connector and NY1 spring from Top Gun Supply yesterday and I'm going to give this combo a try and see what it's all about. :)

Robb Jensen
11-29-07, 19:33
I ordered the 3.5 connector and NY1 spring yesterday from Top Gun Supply yesterday and I'm going to give this combo a try and see what it's all about. :)

It about constant 5lb trigger with a snappy short reset. If you bring your butt to the January IPSC match at Blackwater ;) You'll be able to feel/shoot my 6lb snappy super short reset M&P9 trigger (it should be done by then). 'The Master' is doing it for me.

Federale
12-01-07, 09:32
Stock for me.

M4arc
12-06-07, 16:40
I ordered the 3.5 connector and NY1 spring from Top Gun Supply yesterday and I'm going to give this combo a try and see what it's all about. :)

Well, I haven't shot it yet but so far I'm not liking the 3.5# connector and NY1 combo. It feels heavy but the reset is quick and crisp. I think I'll be going back to my stock setup before too long but to each his (or her) own.

It's nice to have several options with just a swap of a connector or trigger spring.

Robb Jensen
12-06-07, 17:04
My carry gun a 21SF sports Ghost 3.5lb connector and a NY (black) trigger spring. All other springs are stock. And I have the 'mix' Warren sights (plain black rear w/tritium front sight).

I use a NY spring because they never fail and the reset is very snappy. I am sometimes 'outrunning' (not short-stroking) the reset on a Glock with a 3.5lb connector and Wolff XP coil type trigger spring or stock spring.

My M&P9 is getting a similar treatment:
A very smooth constant 6lb trigger pull with a VERY short (like a 3rd gen S&W auto) SNAPPY reset.

Harv
12-06-07, 19:08
Stock trigger and lots of dry fire and practice.. no magic....

one
12-07-07, 00:39
Well, I haven't shot it yet but so far I'm not liking the 3.5# connector and NY1 combo. It feels heavy but the reset is quick and crisp. I think I'll be going back to my stock setup before too long but to each his (or her) own.

Have I finally found someone besides myself that can't stand this combo? I appreciate the reliability and quick reset but...Just yuck man. I have put so many countless thousands of rounds through my 26 and 19 (Thank God for the Dillon 550B) that staging the trigger with the 3.5lb is just natural for me.

I'll probably pull the coil spring again next year and drop in an NY that I have in my parts kit. I usually do it once a year and try to like the combo but it just never seems to work for me.

PLCedeno
12-08-07, 11:38
NY Trigger with 3.5 Connector. My GSSF scores improved dramatically after switch from stock.

PLCedeno
12-08-07, 11:50
My G21sf is the only one in the stable that doesnt like the NY1/3.5lb connector set-up.

ST911
12-08-07, 16:49
My G21sf is the only one in the stable that doesnt like the NY1/3.5lb connector set-up.

How so?

BigEd63
12-08-07, 23:58
Stock internals with a very light polish job.

ddemis
12-09-07, 00:43
I just installed a Ghost Inc 3.5 pound trigger disconnector on my G-17 and it made a big difference, quicker reset and smooth pull. Plus it is coated in NP3 wich cuts down friction and wear. If you are going to upgrade its one of the best on the market.

ptm76
12-09-07, 21:18
I put the 8 lb trigger spring in just to get rid of the stock 5 lb spring on mine.

ST911
12-10-07, 10:30
Plus it is coated in NP3 wich cuts down friction and wear.

Sounds more like a gimmick.

Reduces friction? I might buy that, but only to a point. That assembly is self-corrects with work. Reduces wear? I don't recall ever replacing a connector or trigger w/ trigger bar for excessive wear.

Joe Mamma
12-10-07, 11:22
I use a factory (Glock) 3.5lb connector, with all other parts stock. I also polish everything up nice and smooth.

FYI, the trigger spring is the only part I replace as preventative maintenance on any Glock.

Joe Mamma

PLCedeno
12-10-07, 17:39
The combination tends to bind up slide lock. In fact the only way to close slide reliably (doing the recoil spring test where you point the gun skyward, pull trigger hold it back and try to close slide after opening it slowly 1/8th of an inch) is with a barely used recoil spring.