PDA

View Full Version : Noveske MK18 Question?

accce
11-17-11, 19:39
Does anyone have a Noveske MK18? I am looking at a 10.5 barrel but have never shot one and would like to get some opinions.

Skang
11-17-11, 19:45
You will not be disappointed with any Noveske models.

Ak44
11-17-11, 19:49
Its a nice gun, Noveske makes nice rifles. The Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II rail is nice. It will go bang when you pull the trigger :cool: Just don't shoot garbage ammo through it.

Fireman1291
12-05-11, 12:16
Have one and love it. Its my goto rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np46F9cdarM

12-05-11, 12:31
I have a Noveske MK18 ("Mod 1") upper and it's nice. I've yet to function test it though as I'm still waiting on my stamp. I don't feel like putting together a pistol lower in the mean time.
I don't see it being any different reliability wise than my 14.5" N4 Basic. It runs like a top.

One thing that I noticed is that the flash hider they installed (Surefire) timed perfectly without the use of a shim. That's pretty badass in my book. :cool:

Iraqgunz
12-05-11, 20:27
You don't need to put together a "pistol" lower. All you need is a lower that is stripped. You then build it up and omit the buttstock. Not really difficult.

I have a Noveske MK18 ("Mod 1") upper and it's nice. I've yet to function test it though as I'm still waiting on my stamp. I don't feel like putting together a pistol lower in the mean time.
I don't see it being any different reliability wise than my 14.5" N4 Basic. It runs like a top.

One thing that I noticed is that the flash hider they installed (Surefire) timed perfectly without the use of a shim. That's pretty badass in my book. :cool:

TOrrock
12-06-11, 16:18
Does anyone have a Noveske MK18? I am looking at a 10.5 barrel but have never shot one and would like to get some opinions.

Definitely do it. Outstanding carbines.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Album%202/Noveske/P1060932.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Album%202/Noveske/P1060951.jpg

12-06-11, 16:32
You don't need to put together a "pistol" lower. All you need is a lower that is stripped. You then build it up and omit the buttstock. Not really difficult.

Sorry, meant I didn't want to build up my lower into a pistol. Swapping buffer tubes is easy but didn't want to buy just a tube for testing purposes.
Hmm, I thought you had to use an extension that could not accept a stock (ie no holes). I don't want to hijack this thread any further but shoot me a PM with info if you wish.

viperashes
12-07-11, 09:21
Sorry, meant I didn't want to build up my lower into a pistol. Swapping buffer tubes is easy but didn't want to buy just a tube for testing purposes.
Hmm, I thought you had to use an extension that could not accept a stock (ie no holes). I don't want to hijack this thread any further but shoot me a PM with info if you wish.

This has been my understanding as well. Regardless of if a lower was built as a rifle from factory, as a pistol from factory and modified, or built from a stripped lower, I've always understood the law as "it can not readily accept a buttstock."

LMTRocks
12-08-11, 01:55
ATF has said it can be used as a RE.