PDA

View Full Version : Norinco Hunter project.

johnlee
11-18-11, 11:55
Just want your opinions please. If this was your project what would you do? I want to update a Norinco Hunter into a modern defensive rifle.

My reason for the mod is that I really like the receiver, although there are no aftermarket anything made for the gun. I think it's a nice base rifle to update and make it more handy and be able to fill the role as a defensive rifle.

here it is so far..
http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/431a2657e2cc4a6b8b4003e486a0f6bb/assets/ab2a1d7f44a34446b145b0b80ec5bff1/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1319195317000

what I've done so far,
1. Installed tapco trigger group.
2. Reshaped the original stock.
3. Moved the trigger guard.
4. Installed grip.
5. Got rid of the boat anchor, unstable scope mount ( after picture was taken.)

what I would like to do to make it compliant and more ergonomic
1.Modify an ACE receiver block, install their pignose adapter and add a Magpul MOE. No folders where I live.
2. Add a US Palm grip
3.Thread barrel add a fh, maybe a Battlecomp.
4. I'ld like to shorten the barrel but not sure on cost? The barrel is pretty thick and gets thicker under the hand guard. Shortening it and making stiffer should improve accuracy not to mention make the gun more handy. I can get about 4" groups at 100 yards so not a big deal if not worth the money.
5. Add hand guard? Not sure what one yet. I was thinking about the MI rail. I could then add a light and a AFG.

If it was up to you, what would you do to it?

Erocku
11-20-11, 07:51
1.Modify an ACE receiver block, install their pignose adapter and add a Magpul MOE. No folders where I live.

I assume that means no adjustable position stock either? The VLTOR ak stock adapter would be another good option that's adjustable.

2. Add a US Palm grip

I have a US Palm grip and it is awesome.

3.Thread barrel add a fh, maybe a Battlecomp.

I find it real hard to spend $180 for the AK Battlecomp. The PWS FSC47 would be a more affordable option at $100. I just use a AK-74 style brake from CNC Warrior $15.

4. I'ld like to shorten the barrel but not sure on cost? The barrel is pretty thick and gets thicker under the hand guard. Shortening it and making stiffer should improve accuracy not to mention make the gun more handy. I can get about 4" groups at 100 yards so not a big deal if not worth the money.

Rifle dynamics charges $250 install a new gas block front sight, cut, crown, thread the barrel, and pin on a muzzle device to make the overall length past 16".

5. Add hand guard? Not sure what one yet. I was thinking about the MI rail. I could then add a light and a AFG.

I'd either look at the MI or Ultimak.

johnlee
11-20-11, 08:29
Thanks for the info!
$250 seems more than reasonable. Dang, may have to go that route. That would make for a very handy rifle!

I live in Michigan, we can have folders but folded they have to be over 31" and registered as a pistol. Stupid,stupid law, makes no sense. There are many folks here that now own illegal guns and aren't even aware of it. However, we can have collapsible stocks.

Although, I'm now considering just modding a US made synthetic stock. I believe it will be much easier and I've never had an issue with the standard Warsaw length stocks. I think the $$ would be better spent on the Rifle Dynamics barrel job.

Thanks again!