PDA

View Full Version : I got a good deal on a Bushmaster 16" M4 A3 XM15-E2S

jlruiz2k
11-18-11, 13:35
A friend sold me his Bushmaster 16" M4 A3 XM15-E2S with original full stock, lacks flash suppressor and barrel is not threaded for $500. Is this as good a deal as I think it is? I have fired his M4 in the past and it is solid, he's also throwing in 2 extra mags and some ammo :)

What is the going rate for this setup?

markm
11-18-11, 13:41
This will not end well, my child.

Brennan
11-18-11, 13:41
The search button is your friend. A lot of the older members on here have beaten that into my head...

GeorgiaBoy
11-18-11, 13:43
Oh my.

RIDE
11-18-11, 13:43
Friends don't let friends do the following:
Drink and drive
Buy bush
Buy bushmaster
:p

If its for plinking out at the range. Enjoy!!!!
If you're wanting something to potentially save your life or others.. Pass, save up, and invest in a BCM, DD, LMT, COLT, etc....

Pork Chop
11-18-11, 13:47
This will not end well, my child.

Exactly my thoughts when I read it too.:p

Nightvisionary
11-18-11, 13:58
Not a bad price for it. I know they go for quite a bit more than that at my local gun shop.

I would see if you can get $600-$650 or so on that other board for it then save another $200 or so. That should get you into a carbine from Spikes Tactical.

markm
11-18-11, 14:00
Cabela's ad in my mail box yesterday had bushy ORCs for $599.

Sry0fcr
11-18-11, 14:08
Before the dogpile starts everyone must realize that not everyone "needs" a top tier rifle and depending on what he's using it for it might be a better option. jlruiz2k, Bushmaster and a few of the more common brands don't have a good reputation around these parts, generally because of a documented record of poor QC and unreliability and not meeting minimum requirements of the M4's TDP (technical data package). Some people will probably give you a hard time about it but take it in stride, you don't know what you don't know yet use the search button and learn what you can.

sadmin
11-18-11, 14:23
This is your first post?

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/attachments/general-discussion/7231d1298076529t-7-ways-become-great-forum-troll-trollspray.jpg

C4IGrant
11-18-11, 15:24
Enjoy your new rifle!

Take a look at this thread when you get time: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=13532&highlight=day

C4

Iraqgunz
11-18-11, 15:29
Anyone who considers using an AR for its' intended purpose should be buying a "top tier rifle".

If you want to plink then get a .22 AR or a Ruger 10/22.

Before the dogpile starts everyone must realize that not everyone "needs" a top tier rifle and depending on what he's using it for it might be a better option. jlruiz2k, Bushmaster and a few of the more common brands don't have a good reputation around these parts, generally because of a documented record of poor QC and unreliability and not meeting minimum requirements of the M4's TDP (technical data package). Some people will probably give you a hard time about it but take it in stride, you don't know what you don't know yet use the search button and learn what you can.

Iraqgunz
11-18-11, 15:30
OP,

Read the link that Grant posted and USE THE ORANGE SEARCH BUTTON and look at Bushmaster. There will be plenty there to keep you occupied.

RichDC2
11-18-11, 15:39
This post sums it up very well!
Anyone who considers using an AR for its' intended purpose should be buying a "top tier rifle".

If you want to plink then get a .22 AR or a Ruger 10/22.

munch520
11-18-11, 16:09
Needing is an entirely different conversation. Paying too much for shit quality is the main reason everyone is opposed to Bushmaster, there are so many alternatives. Whether civilian or operator, everyones money is hard earned, don't waste it on a "guaranteed piece of shit"

Backstop
11-18-11, 16:21
How much/what type of ammo did you get?

What manuf are the mags?

jlruiz2k
11-18-11, 17:52
This is kind of funny, I take most people here hate Bushmaster, the question really is if the Bushmaster rifle I described was a good deal for $500. I understand your need to put down anything other than the best and have your fun with it. As for doing a search, I'm not looking for reviews of the Bushmaster as I used it and I'm very happy with it, I think that for $500 you just can't beat it. Yes, I could spend $1,200 or more to get the perfect AR but that was not even suggested on my post, if I was looking for the perfect M4 I would have spent the money.

For those offended that this is my first post; I don't find anything on my post that would be offensive, I just find it funny that this is how you would welcome a new member of the forum. We don't know each other but I'm getting to know you.

A friend sold me his Bushmaster 16" M4 A3 XM15-E2S with original full stock, lacks flash suppressor and barrel is not threaded for $500. Is this as good a deal as I think it is? I have fired his M4 in the past and it is solid, he's also throwing in 2 extra mags and some ammo :)

What is the going rate for this setup?

craig19
11-18-11, 17:54
Got any pics?

kmrtnsn
11-18-11, 17:58
This is kind of funny, I take most people here hate Bushmaster, the question really is if the Bushmaster rifle I described was a good deal for $500. I understand your need to put down anything other than the best and have your fun with it. As for doing a search, I'm not looking for reviews of the Bushmaster as I used it and I'm very happy with it, I think that for $500 you just can't beat it. Yes, I could spend $1,200 or more to get the perfect AR but that was not even suggested on my post, if I was looking for the perfect M4 I would have spent the money.

For those offended that this is my first post; I don't find anything on my post that would be offensive, I just find it funny that this is how you would welcome a new member of the forum. We don't know each other but I'm getting to know you.

The validation that you seek will be found here; www.ar15.com

Iraqgunz
11-18-11, 17:59
Welcome. Enjoy your new Shrubmaster. When you run it hard come back and let us know how it worked for you.

C4IGrant
11-18-11, 21:43
When you ask people for their opinion, don't be upset with what you get.

For me, I wouldn't use a BM to dig a hole. Then again, I plan on using a firearm to defend my life and lives of my loved ones. My life is worth more than a BM. Yours might not be.

C4